Who do u want to see start in the FB positions?

???  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do u want to see start in the FB positions?

• Ivanovic RB / Azpilucueta LB
    • Ivanovic RB / Luis LB
    • Azpilucueta RB / Luis LB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Zabaleta/Kolarov get beaten more easily than Ivanovic and do they swtch off as much? Defensively Luis and Azpi are better than him and their pressing is better too although Azpi is the best at 1v1 defending. There's not that much difference between the three overall so I think that it's only fair they play on merit and if someone continues to make mistakes they should be dropped.

No, but Iva is not in the team for that reason. He's there for his aerial ability, his stamina to keep going up and down the flank, but mostly because of his physical strength.

Jose like to keep a "physical balance" in the team. He's said so a couple of times in interviews. I think he wants at least 5 physically strong players out of the 10 outfielders. So when we have people like Cesc and Schurrle and Hazard and a small LB like Azpi, he'd have a strong physical RB like Iva.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but managers know things that don't necessarily show on the stats sheet. Maybe if we had someone like Moses on the right wing or a tall muscular CM next to Matic, he'd start both Azpi and Luis. But with the way the team is built right now, I don't see Jose changing it unless he is forced by injury or something.

Love how so many people are experts on Luis.......

Did you watch every single Athletico game last season?

he was good at Madrid, as madrid are constantly crossing the ball, we don't.

API showed yesterday he is more than capable of going forward when needed, but he doesn't need to cause Brana does that!

and Azpi is defo the best one on one defender in the league! FACT from last season....

Luis was at fault for the crystal palace goal!

So many people just asking for Luis cause he was a " big signing" ooooooo!

woop tee doo! but Ivan and Dave have been a solid combo for a year or more so no need to change it!

Love how so many people are experts on Luis.......

Did you watch every single Athletico game last season?

he was good at Madrid, as madrid are constantly crossing the ball, we don't.

API showed yesterday he is more than capable of going forward when needed, but he doesn't need to cause Brana does that!

and Azpi is defo the best one on one defender in the league! FACT from last season....

Luis was at fault for the crystal palace goal!

So many people just asking for Luis cause he was a " big signing" ooooooo!

woop tee doo! but Ivan and Dave have been a solid combo for a year or more so no need to change it!

Wtf...

No, but Iva is not in the team for that reason. He's there for his aerial ability, his stamina to keep going up and down the flank, but mostly because of his physical strength. Jose like to keep a "physical balance" in the team. He's said so a couple of times in interviews. I think he wants at least 5 physically strong players out of the 10 outfielders. So when we have people like Cesc and Schurrle and Hazard and a small LB like Azpi, he'd have a strong physical RB like Iva. I don't necessarily agree with it, but managers know things that don't necessarily show on the stats sheet. Maybe if we had someone like Moses on the right wing or a tall muscular CM next to Matic, he'd start both Azpi and Luis. But with the way the team is built right now, I don't see Jose changing it unless he is forced by injury or something.

So he can basically make as many mistakes as he wants but won't be dropped because he's big physically? A tall CM next to Matic - we were very close to getting one of those in the summer (Tiago). Shame it didn't go through because a Matic-Tiago pivot would have everything and I think that would have enabled Cesc to be pushed further up in big games. And like you say perhaps it'd have encouraged Jose to select our more defensively solid FBs!

Baffles me why people want to drop Ivanovic, He is one of Mou's Fav player...he will always play!

He is solid! and good going forward, Luis is a back up, He is not a good enough defender for Mou!

You're underrating Luis. Extremely. Luis is probably one of the best defenders playing right now!

Love how so many people are experts on Luis....... Did you watch every single Athletico game last season? he was good at Madrid, as madrid are constantly crossing the ball, we don't.

Well you clearly aren't an expert since you don't even know what team he used to play for! And no he wasn't widely considered one of their best players just because he crossed a lot :lol:

Well you clearly aren't an expert since you don't even know what team he used to play for! And no he wasn't widely considered one of their best players because he crossed a lot :lol:

Oh I see you mean I don't know what team he plays for because I didn't spell it the Spanish way?

Bravo....

No, because you're making him seem like a shit FB, when he was the best in the world last season.

I think if you read it, he says " you don't even know what team he used to play for"

nah, he was probably the best wing back...not full back,

What do you mean we don't cross the ball? We obvoiusly don't cross much from the left because of Azpi but Brana is always putting in crosses, and why not when we have Costa in the box??

Comparable to other teams...we don't cross the ball....and I agree....just saying the last few seasons we haven't been the biggest crossers