Hotseat 14: iseah100

Spike

3fbe23e71301089341f9c635e91e9636.jpg

:lol:

Which part? I can write it in a linear mathematical equation for you if you want...

Yes, the problem is a syntax issue, not a mathematical. But someone gave a pretty convincing explanation as to way #2 can't be right.

the condition IF changes a real information into a false one. If yesterday was my birthday, today would be february 17th. If yesterday was the apocalypse, today the world wouldn't exist more, etc... etc... So if yesterday (true) was tomorrow (false) today would be Friday (false). So friday's yesterday became tomorrow.

But, at least in common talk among people, it is used the other way around: If my neighbor (imaginary because I don't have a neighbor) were as good looking as you (real), I'd ask her out....If my kids (imaginary because I don't have kids) were as noisy as yours (real) I'd go crazy...etc.

This could be grammatically incorrect, but it is commonly used. But if we are going to be pedantic about it :P then the original sentence is grammatically incorrect either way because both cases are completely imaginary and cannot be reality hence "were" should be used instead of "was" even for singular subjects. Ex: If I were in your shoes; If she were still alive; If yesterday were Friday...etc.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up, man.

1. I came to know Chelsea from my dad. He was a United fan (doesn't keep up too much with the PL anymore.) And I used to watch games with him, and I saw Chelsea play in 04 vs United in the season opener. I had only ever watched Liga MX so watching Chelsea play was a whole different experience. They won the season opener vs United that year and I kinda just jumped on the bandwagon and follwed them. Cause they won that one game.

2. Lol my brothers name is Pablo. But no, I haven't really come around any racial stereotypes or anything like that. Maybe jokingly from other Mexicans but that's just messing around.

3. Hmm, you could try Chicharon with chile, like boiled pork rinds with chilly sauce. Menudo, which is like a soup, it's beef stomach in a like chilly broth. Chile rellenos which is a roasted poblano pepper stuffed with cheese or beef or whatever. There's so much food, but those are some of my favorite dishes. Spanish rice with all of those is a necessity. Also, tejunio, which is from my dad's hometown and is the bomb.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tejuino

4. I was indeed born in the states.

5. I've gone to Mexico 3 times, when I was 9, 13, and 17. I love it.

6. No, my hometown is my favorite city.

Fort Wayne

Los Angeles

Chicago

El Paso

Vegas

You should, man. There's so much to see.

Hmm. I'm not sure. I love watching Dragon Ball Z still. And I like Grease (musical). And some One Direction music. [emoji55]

So...hard...to not....judge...you.

Question: Is that el-chupacabra(spelling?) really a thing in Mexico?

So...hard...to not....judge...you.

Question: Is that el-chupacabra(spelling?) really a thing in Mexico?

That's WHAT I GET FOR BEING HONEST!? [emoji35] lol.

Not really, I mean as real a thing as bigfoot or the lochness monster.

That's WHAT I GET FOR BEING HONEST!? [emoji35] lol.

Not really, I mean as real a thing as bigfoot or the lochness monster.

Fecking media trying to shove these things down our throats. I watched a mexican documentary yesterday with that chupacabra thing.

1. What does 'No era penal' mean?

2. Have you ever watched Lucha Libre? Are Mysterio and Sin Cara genuine LL wrestlers?

1. It wasn't a penalty. Referring to the most heartbreaking game of my life.

2. No, I don't watch lucha libre, I don't think they are though.