Hotseat 13: Dion

Spike

Can you play in the pivot?

Not as the holding one. I like to think I have a good positioning and tactical awareness but my tackling is meh.

I think a more pertinent question is: can he do it on a warm Sunday afternoon at Stoke?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. THIS. SO MUCH THIS. HAHAHAHA.

You see?! That's precisely why I voted you as the funniest member.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) No, I didn't. You should say it more often so I don't forget :P

In all seriousness, you're too awesome for words. The most amazing guy I've ever met on the internet.

6) We will.

Excited. Can't wait.

7) It was a gradual process. My friends had started to watch the Premier League and so did I to be able to talk to them about it. And I don't know exactly what caught my attention first but I just started to like a certain blue team a lot, I liked their jersey, their badge with its lion, their players and I gradually became more and more emotionally invested in that team. The moment that team lost a certain final match in the UCL and I became sad and angry as fuck was the moment I realized definitely that I had became a fan, even if I had been watching them for some years already. I've probably been from the very beginning though.

Such a cute story!!!!! You gained more cookie points.

9) Euhm... this is complicated. It's like... I prefer the butt, but I could accept a small butt, however, I can't accept a flat chest or really, really small boobs. The woman would be looking like a boy, ugh. But once the minimum threshold has been achieved, butt all the way.

Oh, *I* gained cookie points then. much more than a minimum threshold and a big ass. woo hoo me!

11) She enters the place and sits down. I'm talking loudly to my brother in the public phone giving him advices about his girlfriend. Then I hang up and go sit next to her. She makes a remark about my conversation and we go from there. HAHAHAHA. No, seriously - what I'd like more than anything is just to be able to connect to the person effortlessly. The rest is meaningless. If we're able to make a conversation about interesting stuff flow, if we challenge each other intellectually on top of being mutually physically attracted, that's the most interesting aspect no matter where we are or any other circumstances.

You're so perf!!!!!!! Good thing that I love you, otherwise I would fall in love with you :P

13) I've swum naked at the beach at 3:00 A.M to impress a girl. I did other crazy stuff but this was one of the most recent. I'll probably still do a lot of other silly stuff in my life.

You told me that a couple of times actually. I wasn't kidding when I said I could answer some of the questions in your behalf and get them right.

20) I don't think so, that's my place and I'm selfish :lol:

So you're saying I can have your bed? :eyebrows:

21) :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

You're the best, Di.

I'll answer in the quote box, so it's easier. I'll use yellow and bold to make it easier for you to read :P

Once I have more question to which I don't already know the answer and that I'd like to know, I'll come with more.

I'm too lazy to read Barbara's questions :P so I hope she hasn't asked any of these:

1) Do you play any sport?

2) What sports to do you follow other than football

3) Do you read a lot of books? Do you like reading more in English or Portuguese?

4) Favorite video game console?

5) Favorite video game(s)?

6) Favorite staff member? (answer very carefully... :ph34r: )

7) How do you like to spend your free time?

8) How many people have you fell in love with in your life?

9) Favorite food?

10) I've ran out of questions but for some reason it looks odd if I stop at 9 :P

1) I can play football, volleyball, basketball, tennis and table tennis. And chess if you consider it a sport. Oh, and I used to play this variation of cricket when I was a child. From all of those I'm probably better at table tennis followed by football and tennis. I used to have a table at home and I would play endlessly. Sometimes my friends would come to sleep over and we would start playing at afternoon or at night and would go until the next day morning.

2) I used to follow tennis when I played regularly. And F1 when the brazilians in it didn't suck.

3) I prefer reading in portuguese if I'm being honest. The words don't have the same effect as in your mother tongue imo. There's more of an emotional closeness if I read stuff in portuguese. Example: hatred/grudge are the equivalent of the portuguese word "ódio" but I can just feel the emotion better if I read it in portuguese. Even though I know what hatred and grudge means it doesn't strike me as much as in portuguese. I don't know how to explain it better.

4) N64 :wub::wub::wub::wub:

5) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Best game ever.

6) You! don't ban me Alex. But others are awesome in their own ways too. I consider Spike and Rmpr good friends of mine. There are also Alex and Jason, people who seem to be here all the time since forever, and I've been noticing Special Juan and Fullham Broadway are very good staff members too. There are still Shonex and others but I don't see them posting too often.

7) Watching movies, watching football, playing games, playing football, going to restaurants, hanging with friends, reading talkchelsea.

8) Maybe three? Love is such a strong word.

9) Barbecue, lasagna... some brazilian dishes like feijoada, feijão tropeiro, tutu de feijão, tacacá, tapioca, açaí. I also absolutely love "farofa" - manioc flour fried in butter.

10) Indeed, HAHAHA.

ps: I had to edit my post because it had more emoticons than the forum allows! LMAO.

What was the thing about that belgian girl that exited you the most? Also, do you still have contact?

It's hard to single out one thing. I could probably write an entire book about every little awesome thing she did and about every little reason why she was incredible. I just liked everything about her. I thought she was smart, she was funny, she was pretty and she just had this energy... I don't know how to explain it. Being around her was the best thing ever, intoxicating even. Whenever we met we would just smile for like 15 minutes straight for no reason at all. She also had this artistic side which I found fascinating, she liked drawing and showed me her drawing notebook. I took her to an art expo and she would analyze the pictures and I would go :o I suck so bad at arts. She also had an eye for landscapes, she would always notice beautiful stuff when we were going out, she was something else.

In addition to everything I couldn't figure her out, I couldn't completely understand her motivations for the things she did which also would drag me into her as the curious person I am. She was kinda mysterious to me. After all this time I still don't understand what was going on.

We speak less and less these days and when we do is mostly small talk.

3) I prefer reading in portuguese if I'm being honest. The words don't have the same effect as in your main tongue imo. There's more of an emotional closeness if I read stuff in portuguese. Example: hatred/grudge are the equivalent of the portuguese word "ódio" but I can just feel the emotion better if I read it in portuguese. Even though I know what hatred and grudge means it doesn't strike me as much as in portuguese. I don't know how to explain it better.

I think it depends on which language you're comfortable and used to reading in. For example, I never read in Arabic. I read newspapers and articles in Arabic, but very very rarely books. I don't feel comfortable reading books in Arabic. It's just not as enjoyable.

7) Watching movies, watching football, playing games, playing football, going to restaurants, hanging with friends, reading talkchelsea.

Do you go to other forums?

I think it depends on which language you're comfortable and used to reading in. For example, I never read in Arabic. I read newspapers and articles in Arabic, but very very rarely books. I don't feel comfortable reading books in Arabic. It's just not as enjoyable.

Do you go to other forums?

I always thought it was about the emotional baggage, which I think is related to what you're talking about. If I read more books in English and as a result start associating the words to the emotions increasingly, someday it will become natural. The only books I've ever read in English were the two last Harry Potter books because I couldn't wait for the Brazilian translation. I'll probably read the next books of A Song of Ice and Fire and The Kingkiller Chronicle in English too.

I don't go to other forums, but I used to a few year ago. It was a forum for the fans of the 4 biggest teams in São Paulo. The banter there was unreal, fun as hell. It would be like if we shared a forum with Spurs and Arsenal, imagine how crazy that would be.

I always thought it was about the emotional baggage, which I think is related to what you're talking about. If I read more books in English and as a result start associating the words to the emotions increasingly, someday it will become natural.

I don't go to other forums, I used to a few year ago. It was a forum for the fans of the 4 biggest teams in São Paulo. The banter there was unreal, fun as hell. It would be like if we shared a forum with Spurs and Arsenal, imagine how crazy that would be.

oh, link me to that forum? Do you know a similar one for futebol carioca?

I can only read in English. I can't read in Portuguese at all. I grasp emotions much better in the English language than in Portuguese.

I want to ask more questions, but I only have inappropriate ones, so I'm holding back for now :P

I always thought it was about the emotional baggage, which I think is related to what you're talking about. If I read more books in English and as a result start associating the words to the emotions increasingly, someday it will become natural. The only books I've ever read in English were the two last Harry Potter books because I couldn't wait for the Brazilian translation. I'll probably read the next books of A Song of Ice and Fire and The Kingkiller Chronicle in English too.

I don't go to other forums, but I used to a few year ago. It was a forum for the fans of the 4 biggest teams in São Paulo. The banter there was unreal, fun as hell. It would be like if we shared a forum with Spurs and Arsenal, imagine how crazy that would be.

Exactly that. What words in what language your brain associates with the meanings with. Which also affects which language you 'think' in. So, I also think in English. Even when speaking in Arabic, I often think of the sentence in English first then translate to Arabic. And yes, that is as weird and awkward as it sounds! :P

PS: That sounds like a great idea for a forum. As long as there are no Liverpool fans, of course! :lol:

Exactly that. What words in what language your brain associates with the meanings with. Which also affects which language you 'think' in. So, I also think in English. Even when speaking in Arabic, I often think of the sentence in English first then translate to Arabic. And yes, that is as weird and awkward as it sounds! :P

PS: That sounds like a great idea for a forum. As long as there are no Liverpool fans, of course! :lol:

I'll often think in English. Sometimes I'll think about a word in English and forget its equivalent in Portuguese when talking to people in Portuguese. I'm not saying I turn into a sociopath when I read and speak in English, the connection is simply stronger in Portuguese. I was still devastated when Dobby sacrificed himself to save Harry :<

I'll often think in English. Sometimes I'll think about a word in English and forget its equivalent in Portuguese when talking to people in Portuguese. I'm not saying I turn into a sociopath when I read and speak in English, the connection is simply stronger in Portuguese. I was still devastated when Dobby sacrificed himself to save Harry :<

It's a science fact that people are more sincere and truthful in their second langauges.

It's a science fact that people are more sincere and truthful in their second langauges.

Is it? Is it because lying takes a heavier mental process just so as does speaking a second language? The effort would be such that one would feel discouraged to lie, or that would be my hunch anyways.

What do you study?

Why are Brazilian girls so hot :)? There must be something in the water there.

Your taste in music and booze?

Did a girl ever break your heart?

Best thing you like about Brazil apart from all the football and women?

Do you think you can get Barbara drunk on your date and make her do the drunk version of the bunny dance? :Goober:

Do you take the Ice bucket challenge? What is your honest opinion on the Ice Bucket Challenges?

What do you study?

Why are Brazilian girls so hot :)? There must be something in the water there.

Your taste in music and booze?

Did a girl ever break your heart?

Best thing you like about Brazil apart from all the football and women?

Do you think you can get Barbara drunk on your date and make her do the drunk version of the bunny dance? :Goober:

Do you take the Ice bucket challenge? What is your honest opinion on the Ice Bucket Challenges?

He doesn't need to get me drunk. I trust him enough to say I'd do anything he asks me, whatever my sobriety or sanity state might be. It doesn't mean I'll record it. He'd have his privileges of being the only witness to whatever he might ask.

Not particularly. Except by my mom. She pretty much complains about everything about me when I come to visit her, the way I dress, the way my hair looks or its length, the amount of times I drink water, the way I smell, the amount of times I brush my teeth, if I'm dating someone she complains about her etc.

1- It depends, where are we going in our first date? If we're going grab a "lanche" (snack) where you went to eat a few days ago I'll go casually (t-shirt and jeans) and so will you. The only thing I insist on is that you must display a ponytail.

Forgot to acknowledge this... almost all times I wear a ponytail (which isn't that common) it reminds me of you. Next time we use our cameras on skype I'll make sure to sport one.