Besiktas/Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down. It's a charity mini-tournament for the mining disaster in Turkey.

If anyone else is wondering why we are playing this match, check the first post. Have posted a link detailing the info on the game.

it seems obvious each team plays the other two in a 45 min game ... a mini tournament concluded in a single day ..

And what exactly were you planning on doing with your life if you think you'll never have to face a situation where you're asked to do something you don't really want to? Even business owners have to suck it up every once in a while and just do what their clients want.

At 15/16 it might seem like you know everything and have it all figured out but life is much easier if you just accept that you're not always right. If you don't, you'll turn into one of those 'insecure egomaniacs' sooner rather than later.

It's a big difference between doing what you don't want to (for example: I don't want to exercise every day because I'm lazy, but I still do it, because it's benneficial for me) and doing what others are commanding you to do. If we only did things what we like to do, we would all be homeless, because in all honesty a minority of people really want to study, go to gym and so on. But we have to destroy our laziness in things that are benneficial for us.

I'm not 15 nor 16 and I know I'm not always right. I'm often wrong, but I value these lessons, because I learn from them. I don't let someone to boss around with me or command me. If you give me an advice, I'll think about it, proccess it in my brain and then do it the way I think it's good. If you give an order in a bossy way, I won't do it for you, no matter what. I've had many great and not so great teachers and that's the main difference between them. Ones give you an idea & motivate you to reasearch, think for yourself. Others order you what you need to learn & you can't doubt what they say. You, like a sheep, must take everything they say as the greatest truth. Sorry, I'm not like that & that's why I had many problems with those type of teachers. I hate authority but I tolerate good leadership.

It's a big difference between doing what you don't want to (for example: I don't want to exercise every day because I'm lazy, but I still do it, because it's benneficial for me) and doing what others are commanding you to do. If we only did things what we like to do, we would all be homeless, because in all honesty a minority of people really want to study, go to gym and so on. But we have to destroy our laziness in things that are benneficial for us.

I'm not 15 nor 16 and I know I'm not always right. I'm often wrong, but I value these lessons, because I learn from them. I don't let someone to boss around with me or command me. If you give me an advice, I'll think about it, proccess it in my brain and then do it the way I think it's good. If you give an order in a bossy way, I won't do it for you, no matter what. I've had many great and not so great teachers and that's the main difference between them. Ones give you an idea & motivate you to reasearch, think for yourself. Others order you what you need to learn & you can't doubt what they say. You, like a sheep, must take everything they say as the greatest truth. Sorry, I'm not like that & that's why I had many problems with those type of teachers. I hate authority but I tolerate good leadership.

In an ideal world that would be a good attitude to have. But unfortunately there are too many people who are either egomaniacs for no reason and will boss you around or people who have worked for where they are and know that they know better than you and will take it as a slight that you don't listen to them. Either way, this attitude will get you sacked/held down and no-one wants that.

While it's good that you have your own ideas, you won't have a happy work life if you hold onto that attitude, as even if you're self employed you'll still have to do things for other people, who will demand you do things in certain ways. And if you tell them you're not going to listen to what they say if they tell you to do something you'll just lose business. And that's not even going into the problems you'll have in relationships if you can't learn to do as you're told, women are even worse with that than bosses....

There are too many arseholes in the world. Trust me, I know. But it's just one of those things you have to suck up and deal with. And I mean this all in the friendliest way, don't take any of it as an insult, yeah? :)

In an ideal world that would be a good attitude to have. But unfortunately there are too many people who are either egomaniacs for no reason and will boss you around or people who have worked for where they are and know that they know better than you and will take it as a slight that you don't listen to them. Either way, this attitude will get you sacked/held down and no-one wants that.

While it's good that you have your own ideas, you won't have a happy work life if you hold onto that attitude, as even if you're self employed you'll still have to do things for other people, who will demand you do things in certain ways. And if you tell them you're not going to listen to what they say if they tell you to do something you'll just lose business. And that's not even going into the problems you'll have in relationships if you can't learn to do as you're told, women are even worse with that than bosses....

There are too many arseholes in the world. Trust me, I know. But it's just one of those things you have to suck up and deal with. And I mean this all in the friendliest way, don't take any of it as an insult, yeah? :)

i got feeling u had a bad experience with some kind of bosses u talking about, anyways u right in majority but not everyone have to suck up and deal with, sometimes u can explain your opinion in a polite tricky ways shows how correct u r even if u talking to asshole u can find they key for his brain like if he likes earn more money u can shows how u care about his money in your idea, and i guess only great ppl who can reach this point who going to have a great future and mostly they become the boss of his own bussiness at end

i got feeling u had a bad experience with some kind of bosses u talking about, anyways u right in majority but not everyone have to suck up and deal with, sometimes u can explain your opinion in a polite tricky ways shows how correct u r even if u talking to asshole u can find they key for his brain like if he likes earn more money u can shows how u care about his money in your idea, and i guess only great ppl who can reach this point who going to have a great future and mostly they become the boss of his own bussiness at end

Bang on. But when you need your job and the money it's a hard game to play with your livelihood on the line! And yeah, i've had a few bosses like that, but most are, and i'm glad I got the experience I did when I was young :P.

The charity tournament involve three matches played at the Kadıköy Şükrü Saracoğlu stadium, each 45 minutes long.

The fixture list is as follows:

Match 1 - Fenerbahce-Besiktas 20:30

Match 2 - Fenerbahce-Chelsea 21:30

Match 3 - Chelsea-Besiktas 22:30

Three points will be awarded for a win, one point for a draw and the team with the most points will win the tournament.

There will be no extra-time or penalty shoot-outs and teams can make unlimited substitutions.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=6254

Those are the timings in Turkey so in BST it is 19:30 against Fenerbahce and 20:30 against Besiktas.

This is the most confusing friendly ever, why not just play two 90 minute matches instead?

its not really confusing as the poster above explained .the beauty is ..it can be completed in one evening .

I think it could be a great success and a VERY deserving cause , Expect Drogba to be captain for one game

its not really confusing as the poster above explained .the beauty is ..it can be completed in one evening .

I think it could be a great success and a VERY deserving cause , Expect Drogba to be captain for one game

These matches are gonna be short, which is a huge plus point but the fact that these are not conventional football matches make them seem a bit weird. And any kind of football which does not seem normal makes me cringe for some reason.

This I why I find the emirates cup cringe worthy. What's the deal with the shitty points system.

And why does it end after two matches.

Well at the end of the day I am hoping that Chelsea get back to their winning ways before the premier league starts :)

These matches are gonna be short, which is a huge plus point but the fact that these are not conventional football matches make them seem a bit weird. And any kind of football which does not seem normal makes me cringe for some reason.

This I why I find the emirates cup cringe worthy. What's the deal with the shitty points system.

And why does it end after two matches.

Well at the end of the day I am hoping that Chelsea get back to their winning ways before the premier league starts :)

the main purpose is to raise funds for the families of victims of the mining disaster .. the football is secondary

the main purpose is to raise funds for the families of victims of the mining disaster .. the football is secondary

I got that. Although if the tournament was spread across two or three days, wouldn't more money be raised for charity with the higher overall attendance during these two/three days.

Anyways this is a nice initiative by the three teams. Hope they can raise a lot of money for charity :)

Best pre match thread we've had all pre season. Some posts about the silly format, some giving moral advice to Melanicus.

All we need now is the customary forum invasion that comes with playing a team from Turkey.

It's pre-season mate, what do you expect? Everybody's brains are fucked up by lack of quality football every weekend. Abstinence crisis at its best. :lol:

I got that. Although if the tournament was spread across two or three days, wouldn't more money be raised for charity with the higher overall attendance during these two/three days.

Anyways this is a nice initiative by the three teams. Hope they can raise a lot of money for charity :)

OUR schedule couldnt have fitted in longer