FFP - GOALPOSTS MOVED?

Muzchap

So I read with interest that Platini has announced that none of the 'non-compliant' clubs will be excluded from European Competitions.

So what's the point in complying then - you might ask... Honestly, I have no idea...

There seems to be a landmark shift in the 'principles' of FFP since our French cousins lucked out on a few big backers... Conspiracy theory? Absolutely...

The damages are likely to be financial - which I find ridiculous - that's the whole point, these clubs cannot (or do not want to) manage their finances to an acceptable level and simply fining them is likely to exacerbate the situation further. I wonder I these fines will subsequently be excluded from next years calculations?

Some might argue that like most policies created, the original desire (to offer fair and sustainable competition) has deviated massively from the policy 'actually' enforced.

A person with a huge level of cynicism might argue that like 'speeding fines' (originally introduced to reduce accidents), the FFP is now seen as a 'legal' way to generate 'Income' to the holding body...

I have deliberately avoided referencing Platini too much as he might just be the vocal voice of a committee (likely) pushing this from behind the scenes, but when Spanish and English clubs were the majority failing this 'test' it seemed the punishment was high, now that French clubs belong to this collection, sanctions are reduced. I'm not crying xenophobia - but it does look like an investigation into this is needed by journalists to uncover more solid facts - in the same way as the World Cup going to Qatar was investigated and threw up some interesting issues.

My daily gripe is now finished :) would welcome some thoughts and links to articles - I'm too lazy to reference the material I have read :)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simple, UEFA's sponsors would never allow a team with worldwide stars be excluded from the biggest competition on Earth!

Heineken wont be happy if, let's say, Ibra/Cavani/Lavezzi/Cabaye/Thiago Silva/etc dont participate in the propaganda. The same goes to City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real, etc. It will never happen!

Now, your French conspirancy is quite over the top...