Football Pundits

Wimbledonblue

Apart from Gary Neville, is their a proper decent pundit around? Carragher's ok but even he has had his backside handed to him by Nev a couple of times (Scholes/Gerrard and Luiz).

Neville's punditry is so refreshing, he gives different outlooks and perspective on thing's and really makes you think, i remember when City lost 1-0 to Arsenal in April 2012 i thought Aguero was quiet, but Neville's punditry actually showed that Aguero was making the right moves all game and could have got 4 if his players saw it and played him through. His anaylsis on the Classico two years ago brought a complete new perspective on how Barca play (as i have already alluded to on this thread). He gives a completely different outlook to the general consensus, he one of the very, very few pundit's who really earns his money as far as im concerned.

It's fucking depressing, i never thought i would see the day where im grateful for the presence of Neville in any way shape of form.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from Gary Neville, is their a proper decent pundit around? Carragher's ok but even he has had his backside handed to him by Nev a couple of times (Scholes/Gerrard and Luiz).

Neville's punditry is so refreshing, he gives different outlooks and perspective on thing's and really makes you think, i remember when City lost 1-0 to Arsenal in April 2012 i thought Aguero was quiet, but Neville's punditry actually showed that Aguero was making the right moves all game and could have got 4 if his players saw it and played him through. His anaylsis on the Classico two years ago brought a complete new perspective on how Barca play (as i have already alluded to on this thread). He gives a completely different outlook to the general consensus, he one of the very, very few pundit's who really earns his money as far as im concerned.

It's fucking depressing, i never thought i would see the day where im grateful for the presence of Neville in any way shape of form.

It's probably down to sentimental reasons, but I thought Ballack is always excellent when sky get him for the CL.

Al Jazeera also got Jose a few times for the last Euros which was beyond brilliant! Wenger has a weekly segment there as well which is rather good, tbh. He's surprisingly rational and honest.

It's probably down to sentimental reasons, but I thought Ballack is always excellent when sky get him for the CL.

Al Jazeera also got Jose a few times for the last Euros which was beyond brilliant! Wenger has a weekly segment there as well which is rather good, tbh. He's surprisingly rational and honest.

Wenger should be if he is on a neutral channel, Neville probably hates being rational towards Liverpool but he is professional and just gets on with it.

• 3 months later...

Random bump, but Al Jazeera got Jody Morris this weekend and I have to say, he's pretty good which is odd because most of the pundits they usually get are terrible. But Jody seems to make a lot of sense and it's great to hear from him about some of the things from the training ground since he is coaching here now.

I like Nevillle. Doesn't use United bias as much.

Carrager kind of have liverpool bias still and doesnt speak that well.

You guys are lucky you never had an american bball announcer doing champs league football...

ala Gus Johnson.

I know this is about pundits, but i have to say, listening to Andy Gray commentating for BT sports yesterday was great. I don't rate him much as a pundit, but as a commentator he's class. I think it's the opposite for Neville, he's one of the best pundits but as a commentator he's not the best.

All I heard today was, how are we ever going to cope without mata ( he wasn't playing for us, we are doing fine)

And more rubbish about We've lost our best player forget that amazing Oscar goal

Absolute nonsense we will be fine without Mata

And also when were Stoke going to score, on and on

Rubbish commentators

I know this is about pundits, but i have to say, listening to Andy Gray commentating for BT sports yesterday was great. I don't rate him much as a pundit, but as a commentator he's class. I think it's the opposite for Neville, he's one of the best pundits but as a commentator he's not the best.

Agree, Neville's not the best commentator...but Michael Owen is awful.