The Hobbit

TacticalBlues

yeah , you are right. beorn and the eagles was glossed over, but they have time to add in, made up worms and legolas acrobatics.

well , he didn't have to limit himself to the text , but i felt he was hiding behind technology, and failing to emphasize the important moments.

Fair enough and scenes like Legolas' and Tauriel's trip to Gundabad were definitely pointless. Didn't really add anything at all to the story and PJ could have used something much better in place of that. The best thing he did in the entire trilogy was his work on Smaug. It's the best dragon ever in movie history.

A funeral for Thorin and his nephews wouldn't be amiss, either.

That's one of the extended scenes in the DVD/Blu-ray.

I also found it annoying that we do know what happened to Thranduil. Did he just return to Mirkwood after the battle or did he get the gem he was looking for in Erebor before heading back? Urgh!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough and scenes like Legolas' and Tauriel's trip to Gundabad were definitely pointless. Didn't really add anything at all to the story and PJ could have used something much better in place of that. The best thing he did in the entire trilogy was his work on Smaug. It's the best dragon ever in movie history.

That's one of the extended scenes in the DVD/Blu-ray.

I also found it annoying that we do know what happened to Thranduil. Did he just return to Mirkwood after the battle or did he get the gem he was looking for in Erebor before heading back? Urgh!

I hope that is shown. I always thought the Arkenstone was claimed by Thranduil after Bard had to given to him by Bilbo, but as a mark of respect, Thranduil buried it with Thorin.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: rewatching the scene you posted, it is buried with Thorin, so some interchange between Thranduil and the Dwarves would go down well.

Oh. I actually haven't watched any of the extended scenes except the Elves v Dwarves one. Waiting to see them all on Blu-Ray. :D

• 1 month later...

I've watched the Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition and my word, it was so much better than the version released in cinemas. Covered the bloody obvious plotholes in the film and the battle involving the five armies looked more like a proper battle. And there were some really awesome and funny sequences during the battle, especially with the dwarves.

I've watched the Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition and my word, it was so much better than the version released in cinemas. Covered the bloody obvious plotholes in the film and the battle involving the five armies looked more like a proper battle. And there were some really awesome and funny sequences during the battle, especially with the dwarves.

Going to give it a watch this week. It has some making up to do IMO.

On 30/12/2015 at 10:49 PM, Jason said:

You're right, it was far, far better. 

• 1 year later...

lmao what a sack of shite jackson is. Didn't have time for the main turning point in the battle. But has time for legolas dancing up falling bricks. This should have been an epic moment like Sauron appearing in the first scene of the Fellowship.

• 4 months later...