Marko Marin

Melanicus

He's not a winger, he's playing out of position in his first full season, definitely not the easiest task. He has some learning to do but definitely worth gambling on at this stage in his career. I don't see the need to go out and pay top dollar for a striker when we have Nando and Sturridge and possibly Didier and Lukaku... Its time to spread the money elsewhere which may in turn see more return on the aforementioned players

We're gonna have major goalscoring problems if we have just Torres, Sturridge & Lukaku in the striking department for next season. And Sturridge has got SOME learning to do?! My word. He has got a LOT of learning to do.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/01/chelsea-marko-marin-roberto-di-matteo

Marin told the German football magazine Kicker: "It fits perfectly for me, otherwise I would not have sought this move. Above all, Chelsea's play is based a lot on wide men. I had good talks with Di Matteo and I hope he stays."

The midfielder discussed moving to Chelsea with his Bremen team-mate Claudio Pizarro, but does not believe the Peruvian's failure to fully adapt to the Premier League should have any bearing on how he fares at Stamford Bridge.

"I have done my research [by speaking to Pizarro] but I'm not afraid, it's the perfect step for me," he said.

Marin made his Germany debut in 2008 and was part of their 2010 World Cup squad. However, he has spent much of this season on the sidelines due to injury and is not assured of a place in Joachim Löw's squad for Euro 2012.

Consistency comes with age and maturity in Junior Hoilett's case he's 21 and adjusting to being a regular player in the EPL, not an easy task... Especially when you play on a team like Blackburn!

I have faith he will grow as a footballer and even if he doesn't its not a huge investment, we can get him on a free this summer and sign him to a reasonable deal.

Consistency comes with age and maturity in Junior Hoilett's case he's 21 and adjusting to being a regular player in the EPL, not an easy task... Especially when you play on a team like Blackburn!

I have faith he will grow as a footballer and even if he doesn't its not a huge investment, we can get him on a free this summer and sign him to a reasonable deal.

Sorry mate but that rarely works like that, only in fewer cases. You don't get consistency from maturity and adapting, some players just have good games now and then and cannot perform the same week to week. On a team like Blackburn, okay well you could argue with the fact that he should easily be able stand out.

Sorry mate but that rarely works like that, only in fewer cases. You don't get consistency from maturity and adapting, some players just have good games now and then and cannot perform the same week to week. On a team like Blackburn, okay well you could argue with the fact that he should easily be able stand out.

Can you name me 3 players on the current Chelsea squad who have been consistent performers at the age of 21?

We're gonna have major goalscoring problems if we have just Torres, Sturridge & Lukaku in the striking department for next season. And Sturridge has got SOME learning to do?! My word. He has got a LOT of learning to do.

I don't believe that at all if we address the other areas of the team it could definitely go a long way to improving our goalscoring output. Sturridge has a lot to learn as a winger as a striker maybe not so much.

We add a winger and a deep lying playmaker and the need to add a Cavani or someone else is lessened.

Can you name me 3 players on the current Chelsea squad who have been consistent performers at the age of 21?

I cannot even think of any players who played for us at 21 and started on a consistent basis.

You could say Sturridge right now but that's unfair because he isn't a winger, it's not his position. Robben came at about 22 or 23, it was a big mistake to let him go. Romeu also, and he was very consistent but then went a bit off form later on.

I cannot even think of any players who played for us at 21 and started on a consistent basis.

You could say Sturridge right now but that's unfair because he isn't a winger, it's not his position. Robben came at about 22 or 23, it was a big mistake to let him go.

So where is it you're getting this bold proclamation from then? Without a doubt consistency comes with adaptation and maturity. You can't possibly think that young kids who have never played at this level before are going to be consistent performers in their first season or two do you? I think that's a little premature. Everything in its time...

I don't believe that at all if we address the other areas of the team it could definitely go a long way to improving our goalscoring output. Sturridge has a lot to learn as a winger as a striker maybe not so much.

We add a winger and a deep lying playmaker and the need to add a Cavani or someone else is lessened.

We still need a striker as much as a creative midfielder. Torres may have found some form recently but he's still a hit-and-hope striker at the moment. No guarantees he will return to his best.

We still need a striker as much as a creative midfielder. Torres may have found some form recently but he's still a hit-and-hope striker at the moment. No guarantees he will return to his best.

No guarantees no matter who the striker is... my point is we've been spending an awful lot of money on a striker and not enough on other areas and THAT is what has hurt us the most. Torres isn't my first choice as striker and never was the guy I wanted but he is who we have and he needs a chance to come good before we decide we have to get someone else. Its been a year, hardly long enough to make that sort of assessment especially when you look at the other areas of the team that are glaring weaknesses. With financial fair play coming in we can't just spend, spend and spend anymore, we have to be prudent about where we spend our shillings and right now striker just doesn't seem like the right spend, particularly when you look at the wages some of those guys are on. If you can find a taker for Torres maybe then you can make the investment on another high priced striker but with him on the roster and the areas we need to address its not smart money to buy a striker.

How much do you really think we're going to spend this off season?

No guarantees no matter who the striker is... my point is we've been spending an awful lot of money on a striker and not enough on other areas and THAT is what has hurt us the most. Torres isn't my first choice as striker and never was the guy I wanted but he is who we have and he needs a chance to come good before we decide we have to get someone else. Its been a year, hardly long enough to make that sort of assessment especially when you look at the other areas of the team that are glaring weaknesses. With financial fair play coming in we can't just spend, spend and spend anymore, we have to be prudent about where we spend our shillings and right now striker just doesn't seem like the right spend, particularly when you look at the wages some of those guys are on. If you can find a taker for Torres maybe then you can make the investment on another high priced striker but with him on the roster and the areas we need to address its not smart money to buy a striker.

i think we will make a marquee type signing, now we offloaded anelka (big wages) and maybe drogba and malouda thats a hell of a lot of wages we freed up

A marquee signing or two is likely this summer but no one is saying we'll be spending big on every transfers.

i think we will make a marquee type signing, now we offloaded anelka (big wages) and maybe drogba and malouda thats a hell of a lot of wages we freed up

We can make one marquee signing but I doubt that will be a striker. I see a winger like Moura(my choice), Hazard or maybe Di Maria but its one marquee and a few squad players like the Marin signing.

A marquee signing or two is likely this summer but no one is saying we'll be spending big on every transfers.

I agree but if you make a striker your marquee signing you haven't really done much to address the other weaknesses on the squad have you?

So where is it you're getting this bold proclamation from then? Without a doubt consistency comes with adaptation and maturity. You can't possibly think that young kids who have never played at this level before are going to be consistent performers in their first season or two do you? I think that's a little premature. Everything in its time...

That makes no sense what so ever. Young players don't just jump straight in because there not good enough yet, they need to practice and get used to the league. There's a difference with being inconsistent and developing. Hoillet has been in this league long enough, and he's an inconsistent player.

I agree but if you make a striker your marquee signing you haven't really done much to address the other weaknesses on the squad have you?

There are. It's just depends on whether the club is smart enough in their transfers like Newcastle have.

That makes no sense what so ever. Young players don't just jump straight in because there not good enough yet, they need to practice and get used to the league. There's a difference with being inconsistent and developing. Hoillet has been in this league long enough, and he's an inconsistent player.

Lets just agree to disagree. There is no way in hell I will ever accept a player at 21 being considered inconsistent, particularly when that player was playing a bit part role at 18,19 and 20...

Like who? Who can we acquire for peanuts that would vastly improve us at the striker position?

Doesn't have to be the striker. Could easily be the other way round. AND as much as the FFP rules are coming, you're making it soundsas if we're broke or something & can only spend peanuts on transfers! :lol: