Super Super Frank

BLionheart

20+ goals every season

20 assists every season

a player that can score with his both feet and head , that can score from distance , from one on ones , free kicks and one of the best penalty takers in the world .

are we talking about a central midfielder here !!!!!!

we all have heard that before and in any discussion about lampard those facts must be mentioned but what super frank actually provides to our team is way beyond that and here is why i think so ...

with our game plan which depends on one striker and two wingers a lot of times and specially on counterattacks our wingers will find some lack of options inside the penalty area finding only Drogba standing within between two defenders and here comes lampard in the right place at the right time .

when anelka , Drogba or Malouda drop back to build up play u will find lamps sneaking behind the oppositions defense acting as second striker and he has scored a lot of goals from there like his goal vs man city in the 4-2 game last year .

one of lampard's best quality is his awarness , he is always ready to pounce on a lost ball or to follow up a ball that rebounded from the defence or the keeper .

he is one of the best passer in the business but what i like most about his passing game is that he know each and every one of his mates , you will find him passing a long ball to A.cole some metres away as he know he has the pace to get the ball on the other hand he won't do the same with ivanovic . so he know how and where does Drogba , anelka and malouda need the ball he understands everyone of them .

with all the above mentioned he doesn't mess with any of his defensive duties and he always makes great tackles and blocks and helps the defence .

may be lampard is not the most skillful midfeilder in the world , may be he can't keep the ball at his feet the same way iniesta or our McEahcran does and may be he doesn't posses the same drive and pace essien has . but no midfielder can move the kind of superb movement lampard does on and off the ball .

so our lamps is the most unpredictable player in our squad and he is the best predictor in our squad as well , you will never know where he is gonna move or where he is gonna pass or when will you find him back blocking berbatov from scoring or in the opponents six yards area to score but on the other hand he is second to none when it comes to anticipating what the other player is gonna be or where the ball is gonna go or where his mates are gonna move .

this kind of awareness accompanied with smart movement from a man whose IQ is more than 150 is what makes him more than special .

i just wanted to highlight his importance to our team as some has doubted him before the man city game .

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good write up.

The thing with Lamps is he has an excellent football brain, he reads the game well, this is why he always pops up in the right place at the right time, in the box, or to bring others into play, he is one of the best midfielders of his kind in the world.

like you say, 20+ goals and 20+ assists per season over the last 8 years or so, I for one, wouldnt swap him for anyone else in the world.

Just a shame he is the wrong side of 30 now :(

Good write up.

The thing with Lamps is he has an excellent football brain, he reads the game well, this is why he always pops up in the right place at the right time, in the box, or to bring others into play, he is one of the best midfielders of his kind in the world.

like you say, 20+ goals and 20+ assists per season over the last 8 years or so, I for one, wouldnt swap him for anyone else in the world.

Just a shame he is the wrong side of 30 now :(

when i watch the likes of giggs , scholes and maldini i can't help but think that terry and lamps can even be better ... with there workrate and hard training with carlo behind them they can easily play at the highest level till they are at least 35 or 36 . giving a look at Lamps today he doesn't like a story that will end within the next two years like other players at his age .

you know what just compare him now at 32 with his old mates ballack and deco , that will show how much different his case can be !

I remember about 4-5 years ago, Lamps went on a run of playing 60-70 consecutive games for us, can anybody get the actual stats on it??

In 06/07 he played 62 games, the highest ever by any Chelsea player in a single season.

Before that, he went on a run of 164 consecutive Premier League appearances that ended with him missing a game due to a virus in December 2005.

One word for SFL : Indispensable.

Lampard is the holder of the Premiership record of playing consecutive league matches dating back to October 13, 2001, set on November 26, 2005, breaking the previous record of 159 appearances by David James. The streak ended on December 28, 2005, after 164 games, when Lampard was taken ill before Chelsea's game at Manchester City.

20+ goals every season

20 assists every season

a player that can score with his both feet and head , that can score from distance , from one on ones , free kicks and one of the best penalty takers in the world .

are we talking about a central midfielder here !!!!!!

we all have heard that before and in any discussion about lampard those facts must be mentioned but what super frank actually provides to our team is way beyond that and here is why i think so ...

with our game plan which depends on one striker and two wingers a lot of times and specially on counterattacks our wingers will find some lack of options inside the penalty area finding only Drogba standing within between two defenders and here comes lampard in the right place at the right time .

when anelka , Drogba or Malouda drop back to build up play u will find lamps sneaking behind the oppositions defense acting as second striker and he has scored a lot of goals from there like his goal vs man city in the 4-2 game last year .

one of lampard's best quality is his awarness , he is always ready to pounce on a lost ball or to follow up a ball that rebounded from the defence or the keeper .

he is one of the best passer in the business but what i like most about his passing game is that he know each and every one of his mates , you will find him passing a long ball to A.cole some metres away as he know he has the pace to get the ball on the other hand he won't do the same with ivanovic . so he know how and where does Drogba , anelka and malouda need the ball he understands everyone of them .

with all the above mentioned he doesn't mess with any of his defensive duties and he always makes great tackles and blocks and helps the defence .

may be lampard is not the most skillful midfeilder in the world , may be he can't keep the ball at his feet the same way iniesta or our McEahcran does and may be he doesn't posses the same drive and pace essien has . but no midfielder can move the kind of superb movement lampard does on and off the ball .

so our lamps is the most unpredictable player in our squad and he is the best predictor in our squad as well , you will never know where he is gonna move or where he is gonna pass or when will you find him back blocking berbatov from scoring or in the opponents six yards area to score but on the other hand he is second to none when it comes to anticipating what the other player is gonna be or where the ball is gonna go or where his mates are gonna move .

this kind of awareness accompanied with smart movement from a man whose IQ is more than 150 is what makes him more than special .

i just wanted to highlight his importance to our team as some has doubted him before the man city game .

''20 assists every season''

Not true. 2009/2010 was the first season he reached 20 assists in all competitions in one full season.

2004/2005 16 assists

2005/2006 10 assists

2006/2007 15 assists

2007/2008 11 assists

2008/2009 19 assists

• 2 months later...

god damn it !! we desperately miss Lamps !!!!

i knew this would happen back when i started this topic , i knew we would just crash but i didn't think it will be that long before he is back .

without lamps , chelsea looks like a team with no brain .... we desperately need him back and we need some fucking quality play-maker replacement as we have all seen what we look like without lamps ....

shweinstiger and hamsik look like real options for me .

We (and Frank, of course) have been very lucky with his injury spells. He has an incredible level of physical fitness and this is the longest spell out with injury he has ever had (except for his leg break in 1997) - and he is now 32 years old. He's been a very lucky boy. So we have to take this one on the chin and stop moaning.