The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Buy Lenovo Edge line.

Lenovo is imo the best PC, unless you prefer a Mac that is.

Buy the most expensive Alienware computer on their website. For bragging rights and nothing else.

Well, first of all, I need to know whether I should buy a laptop or desktop, lol.

I have a short spaghetti story. A few years ago we needed to make a presentation about some animals. As I was starting to step on the stage spaghetti fell out of my pockets, I tripped to it and as I fell I brought down the teacher's papers that were on the edge of the table. Needless to say everyone laughed.

Well, first of all, I need to know whether I should buy a laptop or desktop, lol.

I stand by my words. Lenovo is the best buy.

Now as for the desktop lines I can't recommend any of them.

Look for something professional - corporative or at least a mix of personal/corporative use - just like the Edge product line I recommended.

Rapha, I'm guessing by the fact that you did not reply to me quoting you in the bugs thread that you did not get a notification? Weird, they're working just fine for me :dunno:

Yeah, I am not getting notifications when people quote me, but I got yours now! :lol:

The bottom line comes down to portability. If you will need or use the portability of a laptop, then it can be a powerful tool for you and worth the extra money. However, if the laptop will simply act as a desktop with very occasional need for portability, a desktop is also an excellent choice and far less expensive.

I have a rule of thumb: a laptop needs to be functional whereas a desktop needs to be powerful as can be. What do you need functionality of absolute power?

I stand by my words. Lenovo is the best buy.

Now as for the desktop lines I can't recommend any of them.

Look for something professional - corporative or at least a mix of personal/corporative use - just like the Edge product line I recommended.

Thanks Barbara, I will have a look at Lenovo, but I was talking more about what the PC should have inside (its specs) rather than what brand should I be looking to buy! :)

Thanks Barbara, I will have a look at Lenovo, but I was talking more about what the PC should have inside (its specs) rather than what brand should I be looking to buy! :)

Any quad core i7, 16gb of RAM, 512gb SSD and geforce GTX 680m should do.

they're good on performance and duration, two things I think are really important when considering what to buy.

I had one of their laptops for 8 years with all sort of musician's softwares on it and the thing was like unaffected. Of course later I needed more memory and I not a big fan of Windows latest releases so I didn't migrated to newer versions so fast.

It's very personal though.

Stingray doesn't seduce women, women get seduced by him.

*hi-five tom*

post-13606-Motorcycle-Police-Cop-High-Fi

lmao

well, the (current) avatar does the job for him, doesn't it?

now you made me blush. Quite the accomplishment and I'm pretty shameless and a good sport, but that's too blunt even for me to handle.

As usual, you win, Mister Philosopher. I continue to play you for the enjoyment of the ride because if I planned to win, I would keep my distance.

*bows down - in worship before you have the wrong idea*

now you made me blush. Quite the accomplishment and I'm pretty shameless and a good sport, but that's too blunt even for me to handle.

As usual, you win, Mister Philosopher. I continue to play you for the enjoyment of the ride because if I planned to win, I would keep my distance.

*bows down - in worship before you have the wrong idea*

1yjr8.jpg