The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Hmmmmm ..... Not even our beers?

Ps: If you ever come to Belgium I will take you beer tasting, promise!!

We've got Stella Artois in Brazil. I guess that's the only belgian beer I've ever tasted.

P.S: It's one of the best beers you can find in brazilian lands.

I find this offensive.

Over 60,000 Australians died fighting for England in WWI. Another 150,000 wounded.

Over 40,000 Australians died fighting for Australia (..and England once again...) during WWII. 180,000 wounded.

ANZAC

True...

A very sad reminiscent are the dozens of enormous memorial graveyards in the north west of our country and when you follow the French north eastern coast line.

So sad.

It says that 1,000 Brazillians died fighting during WWII. You lot had a population of 40 million. Australia barely scraped 7 million ...

It says 25,000. And all these world wars had little to do with Brazil. I think England-Australia relationship led to a higher interest in the outcome for you guys. But Brazil not so much, I think we couldn't care less.

True...

A very sad reminiscent are the dozens of enormous memorial graveyards in the north west of our country and when you follow the French north eastern coast line.

So sad.

Dowload and watch this movie. It shows what the English thought about Australians during WWI. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallipoli_%281981_film%29

By they way there is a mustachoid bloke in that film who sounds sort of English, but is actually an Aussie. He is the one that tells them to continue the charge...

GO GO DO IT NOW

It says 25,000. And all these world wars had little to do with Brazil. I think England-Australia relationship led to a higher interest in the outcome for you guys. But Brazil not so much, I think we couldn't care less.

It says 25,000 fought in the war. 465 died and 1,500 came home injured. I'm assuming some of those who returned home injured died of their injuries later on.

Delirium Tremens.

That brewery is litterally one street from where I live!

Ps: Duvel, Chimay, all the abbey beers .... Njam! In total we produce more than 1000 different kind of beers.

Ps2: as a 'pilsner' (light blond) beer Stella Artois isnt that great. Belgians mostly drink Jupiler for a regular pint. Also, we have a LOT more real quality beers than that. So, Dionsa, you are in for a surprise when you come!!

That brewery is litterally one street from where I live!

Ps: Duvel, Chimay, all the abbey beers .... Njam! In total we produce more than 1000 different kind of beers.

Ps2: as a 'pilsner' (light blond) beer Stella Artois isnt that great. Belgians mostly drink Jupiler for a regular pint. Also, we have a LOT more real quality beers than that. So, Dionsa, you are in for a surprise when you come!!

Brazilians drink mostly 'pilsner'. I think we say 'pilsen' here. It's not so easy to find any other types of beer. Awful.

People drink mostly our national beers: Brahma, Skol, Antarctica, Crystal, Kaiser, Skin, Bohemia, Bavaria and a few others, or Stella Artois/Heineken. All of them pilsen. In general, if you wanna drink some other beer you'll have to find some place where they produce their own beer.

Also, Dionsa. Regarding the war

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=7xnNhzgcWTk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7xnNhzgcWTk&gl=NL

I hope you know Fawlty Towers (I am getting old! )

I don't (know). We're american suckers here, we don't get to see british series on tv. I've seen more british series in the last months (online) than I have in all my life.