iPhone 3g

Ossie

I got an iphone yesterday, a 3g. My wife got an upgarade on her phone and this was it. I'm getting to grips with it but don't know how to put a wallpaper of my choice on e.g an image from the internet of a Chelsea player and I don't know how to set a ringtone of my choice - not one of the preset ones. Can anyone help an old technophobe....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi :) I've had an i-phone for a few years and once you get the hang of it it isn't too hard ... and I'm not a young techie like most of the guys on here LOL

Wallpaper: you have to save a picture to your phone using i-tunes when you sync it it will load.

In itunes when your on the sync page for your phone there will be different tabs at the top one says photos and you can upload images by browsing for them (I'll see if I can find a step by step direction for you*** found a link http://artoftheiphone.com/2009/01/04/how-to-add-photos-to-itunes-for-synching-to-iphone-or-ipod/)

once it is on your phone, go to photos and select the picture, in the bottom left corner is an icon that looks like an arrow coming out of a box, when you touch the icon it brings up a menu and one of the choices is use as wallpaper

Ringtones:

you can buy them through itunes, and any song you own that has a little bell next to it can be made into one. itunes has a really easy tutorial on it. There are other ways to create them but I'm just not that good with computers. Once you've created or purchased they will show up in your ringtone list.

Hope it helps :)

Edited by BluesChick

Thanks guys and gal - thats helpful, getting used to it - got a Chelsea wallpaper and putting a Liquidator ringtone on tonight. It is really very good apart from the battery life.

• 2 weeks later...