Does anybody know about plumbing?

Rubber bullets

Long story short - We spent around £3000 on our bathroom for refurbishment, but now the room below (the kitchen) now has a large open crack on the ceiling with water leaking out, I really need advice on what to do because I am in almost in a fit of hysterics!!!

Edited by sam81292

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a similar thing with water from bathroom leaking into kitchen below -was the bath waste pipe. Not saying that s what it is in your case Sam, but it was a loose connection.

Contact the people who fitted the bathroom ? Explain to them in detail how your'e going to come round and refit their faces if they're reluctant.

This morning the crack gave way and now there is a big hole in the ceiling, apparently the shower was letting water seep into the wall of the bathroom which build up in pressure on the ceiling in the kitchen room and this finally caused part of the ceiling to collapse, which means we have to get a new ceiling, I'm not sure if the insurance will cover this.

My dad is a plumber and says the following:

Its either the hot or cold supply, possibly the waste pipe leaking. However if there is a shower built-in, over the bath, it might simply be the sealant on the tiles around the bath, which is a problem we had. The way its collapsed means you DEFINITELY need to check the seal on the tiling and around the bath.

Will definitely be covered on your buildings insurance.

Brought some of the bathroom ceiling down when insulating the loft. Insurance co. paid contractors, decorated the whole room -prob a £1500 job but the contarctors scam 4k out the insurance company !

too little too late it seems but my husbands first suggestion was to shut off your water supply to the bathroom because it could be a leaky pipe... sorry I didn't check in before the ceiling caved in. Good luck with the insurance and getting everything fixed.