The Ambulance !

Ballack drives to Chelsea’s training ground in an ambulance!

The Daily Mail is reporting that footballing Rip Van Winklehow r you doing?, Michael Ballack, is set to finally return from his injury sabbatical with a place in the Chelsea squad that will play Liverpool in the Carling Cup quarter final.

The Daily Mail reports that a whopping £4.5million in wages has been shelled out on the Jack Sommersby of the Chelsea squad since last April, surely a collosal waste of money - unless the midfielder can rediscover the Teutonic genius which made him one of the world’s best. Yesterday Ballack turned up at Chelsea’s training ground in his white Ferrari, which the Daily Mail has learned is now nicknamed ‘the ambulance’.

Avram Grant said of Ballack:

“I’ve met a few players in my life who don’t want to play but when you’re injured you’re desperate to come back. Ballack has improved physically in the last six weeks. He’s a good player, he knows how to score and he knows how to make assists. These are the kind of players I like. He can play in many positions and with other good players such as Frank Lampard.”

And the Israeli went on to claim that Ballack won’t be short of motivation now that he’s back, Grant said:

“Sometimes the first year in the Premier League is not easy for players coming in from other countries.

“I didn’t think that Ballack performed too badly last year. He made his contribution to the team, he was a top player and he still is. He has that desire and has a lot of passion to play again.

“Maybe he even has more desire to play again than he did before.”

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic