Maxi Rodriguez

the wes

MADRID - Chelsea have offered Spanish side Atletico Madrid nearly 50 million euros for their Argentine international striker Sergio Aguero, a newspaper reported Saturday.

The English Premiership side would be willing to pay Atletico up to 57 million euros if the deal included another Argentine player, Maxi Rodriguez, sports daily Marca said.

Atletico has consistently said that it does not want to let Aguero go.

The 21-year-old son-in-law of Argentina manager Diego Maradona has a recision clause in his contract with Atletico worth 60 million euros.

He joined Atletico in 2006 from Argentine side Independiente and is under contract with the Spanish team until 2012.

Aguero scored in Argentina’s 3-2 friendly victory over Russia on Wednesday.

If he plays for Atletico during the club’s Champions League qualifier against Panathinaikos next week he will not be able to play in a European competition for any other side this season.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that they wont sell him....Because they see it as too late to find an adequate replacement....But the Spanish newspaper it was in suggested that if they had made the offer a few weeks earlier they would have accepted it...Ahh well, theres always JANUARY ;). I hope we can convince them before Wednesday though, would be an epic win. He would just add something to our squad we dont have, just a certain unpredictable flare.

I meant Aguero...I also swear i was in the Sergio Aguero part of the forum when i posted that, so funk knows how it got there LOL. We would only be buying Maxi Rodriguez as a sort of deal sweetener because there is a lot of rumors of him wanting to leave Athletico so we thought we would take him off their hands and Ancelotti gets another play maker midfielder out of it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You