Drogba: We Just Kept Working

Fri, 30th Nov 2007Didier Drogba's double strike on Wednesday places him in his customary position up among the leading scorers in this season's Champions League.With four goals in the competition so far, he is tied with Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Real Madrid's Ruud van Nistelrooy; one goal behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Inter Milan and Cristiano Ronaldo from our Barclays Premier League rivals Man United.Reflecting on the campaign so far to Chelsea TV as well as to the worldwide media, Drogba is pleased with his form but is not getting carried away.'No, I'm not unstoppable,' he insisted. 'You can be in these situations and sometimes not score goals. Football is about just being there at the right moment. You need to be in space and to use your partners to help you.'The good thing is we create a lot of chances so that means we can score goals,' the striker told Chelsea TV. 'We pass the ball at the right moment and we need to improve this more and more if we want to score more goals and play better football. 'You could predict [we would play well against Rosenborg] because the training before was very good on a difficult pitch so sometimes you feel the day before you are going to have a good game - and that is what happened.'The 4-0 win has been held up widely as a sign of improvement in Chelsea's fortunes since the draw with the same opposition at Stamford Bridge.'Everybody thought Chelsea was dead. We didn't speak, we kept working,' Drogba explains.'It is up to the players to recover from a difficult moment. We were a bit down but we know what we can do, and now we can do things a bit better than a few weeks ago. We knew we could do it so we just worked hard and it all came together.'

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4-0 win has been held up widely as a sign of improvement in Chelsea's fortunes since the draw with the same opposition at Stamford Bridge.
Ok, it was a good result but the odd 4-0 win isnt a sign of anything imo. We've had a couple of good performances with decent results but its hardly consistent. We win 4-0 and suddenly the games where we've convinced nobody are suddenly swept out of sight. How about a bit of perspective?

Ok, it was a good result but the odd 4-0 win isnt a sign of anything imo. We've had a couple of good performances with decent results but its hardly consistent. We win 4-0 and suddenly the games where we've convinced nobody are suddenly swept out of sight. How about a bit of perspective?
Hii am the same as we are to up and down win 4-0 or draw at home , my perspective tells me as we get further in europe and it gets tight in the league and we need good management , the wheels will fall off , oh i hope i am wrong