Opinion: Chelsea’s three biggest issues right now

James

When we are in a bad place as a club everyone wants to try and hone in on one particular issue or blame one person, but you will find that it is never just down to one thing or one person. I didn’t expect to be writing articles like this at all after six games […]

View the full article

Great writeup! 👍

I think I'd only replace #3 with "imbalanced roster" and I think Pochettino uses Colwill to protect Mudryk, not Thiago Silva. Agreed on Thiago Silva though...  39 is not an acceptable at this level I'm afraid. He could be playing back in Brazil, but not in the PL.
Not discussing Mudryk's quality or potential, it's mostly about characteristics: a Mount on LW and we could employ an attacking LB np. That never goes into account when someone assesses players like Mount and Wenger (who do high defensive work). e.g. should we take into account what the attacking LB does when they play? it's a team sport after all.

Perhaps Lavia back will alleviate that, but he's also 19yo 😕, but I just don't see a whole lot of options in midfield; like if Poch wanted to make it more creative. We don't even have a RLC right now, who could play in that midfield tip role. YES! looking at the situ, I'd have retained RLC.