Effect of Wenger offside rule

cosmicway

When is it going to become law ?

I believe before the var technology all the difficult situations were judged at the spur of the moment by the linesmen.
All such decisions were chancey.
Since var I have the impression many more goals were disallowed.
This may be just an impression because before var the linesmen were stopping attackers by raising the flag. That was accompanied by boos from the terraces more often than not, but it seldom reached the stage where a goal was scored and then disallowed.

Anyway the pundits agree that with new law more goals will be scored and that makes some sense because the extra half yard in favour of the attacker counts.
How do you think this will affect our attack and defense ?
Suppose with the current law we were to finish the next season with the same total as last season, 38-47.
With Wenger's off side rule how would that change ?

Edited by cosmicway

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, cosmicway said:

When is it going to become law ?

I believe before the var technology all the difficult situations were judged at the spur of the moment by the linesmen.
All such decisions were chancey.
Since var I have the impression many more goals were disallowed.
This may be just an impression because before var the linesmen were stopping attackers by raising the flag. That was accompanied by boos from the terraces more often than not, but it seldom reached the stage where a goal was scored and then disallowed.

Anyway the pundits agree that with new law more goals will be scored and that makes some sense because the extra half yard in favour of the attacker counts.
How do you think this will affect our attack and defense ?
Suppose with the current law we were to finish the next season with the same total as last season, 38-47.
With Wenger's off side rule how would that change 

I do not like it at all

I think the offside rule should be that any legal scoring part of the attackers body cannot be in front of the last defender's legal parts of their body when the ball is passed

the attacking players arms do not count, as you cannot score with them, same for the last defender

(of course if the attacking player is still in their own half when the ball is passed into the attacking half there is no offside)

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

I do not like it at all

I think the offside rule should be that any legal scoring part of the attackers body cannot be in front of the last defender's legal parts of their body when the ball is passed

the attacking players arms do not count, as you cannot score with them, same for the last defender

(of course if the attacking player is still in their own half when the ball is passed into the attacking half there is no offside)

And how many times have we been saved by this against how many times we had goals disallowed (notably when we had Werner) ?