Terry out to erase Euro agony

SSN

Terry out to erase Euro agony

I'm desperate for the Champions League and that's something I definitely want, obviously, with the disappointment and with what happened before.

Chelsea's John Terry is desperate to land the UEFA Champions League trophy and make up for last season's heartbreak.

Ahead of the draw for the last 16 - which you can follow live on Sky Sports News and skysports.com from 10.30am on Friday - the Blues captain is looking to erase the memories of his Moscow nightmare.

Terry missed the shoot-out spot-kick which would have earned Chelsea their first Champions League title as Manchester United went on to clinch their third European crown.

And as they wait to learn who they will face in the knockout stages, Terry told Chelsea TV: "I'm desperate for the Champions League and that's something I definitely want, obviously, with the disappointment and with what happened before.

"Looking back sometimes you get certain games where I do come in and look at the shirts in my house and think, 'That was a big turning point'.

"It is those kinds of shirts and games that have got me where I am today. I want to keep winning and win as many trophies as possible."

Terry's future at Stamford Bridge is under fresh speculation with Manchester City rumoured to be on the brink of making a massive offer for the Chelsea captain when the transfer window opens next month.

But Terry has effectively told City they would be wasting their time in trying to tempt him away from the club he loves.

"Hopefully I've got another 10 years in me, certainly for Chelsea," said Terry. "I'm going to give everything for the club.

"I go back to the disappointment before, I've said how disappointed I was and what I owe to the Chelsea fans for what they have given me, making me feel as welcome as a youngster even though I wasn't ready, them being patient with me.

"I owe my career to the Chelsea fans so I want to thank every one of them personally.

"I've got my testimonial in a few years and hopefully that will be a big game and a good day for the supporters as well."

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry's future at Stamford Bridge is under fresh speculation with Manchester City rumoured to be on the brink of making a massive offer for the Chelsea captain when the transfer window opens next month.

LMFAO that statement just makes me laugh. :lol:

Terry leading the club in the way he does hopefully we will be in Rome this year and a goal in the final for him..blue%20scalf.gif