Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

If Iva wants to go to Madrid,I wouldn't stop him.Yes,hes been an important of the team for many seasons but there will come a time,when he will leave and that won't be a 15m+ transfer.His departure could help the likes of Hutchinson and Bruma to get some regular first team action but then there is the right back issue.So its really a difficult choice.I know all of you want him to stay but we must sell the players at the right time in order to make some kind of profit and not have a bunch of 30+ age players.

Iva has achieved a lot in Chelsea colors and a new adventure at Madrid wouldn't be a bad idea at all for both him and the club.

I agree with what u say, but is this the time to even think about it. Who would replace him? Hutchinson/Burma, how many games have they played in the PL to show even half the class that Ivanovic provides on the pitch/team? We already have to start replacing Terry first which is the obvious thing and then move on to Ivanovic who can serve us for atleast a year or two. Replacing 2 stalwarts in defense would mean a big hole in our defense (i m not saying Cahill and Luiz are bad but these 2 are a level up then both) and then again the same old thing of purchasing new players from outside.

This is what i was referring to

If Madrid offred us 15m in addition to Ozil, Di Marria and Calejon for Iva would you not take it? :blink:

Anyway, that is impossible to happen, so what I actually meant by my post is that we should not sell him.

If Madrid offred us 15m in addition to Ozil, Di Marria and Calejon for Iva would you not take it? :blink:

Anyway, that is impossible to happen, so what I actually meant by my post is that we should not sell him.

Thats really not happening, but this season i mite just not be tempted. Next season, surely.

I agree with what u say, but is this the time to even think about it. Who would replace him? Hutchinson/Burma, how many games have they played in the PL to show even half the class that Ivanovic provides on the pitch/team? We already have to start replacing Terry first which is the obvious thing and then move on to Ivanovic who can serve us for atleast a year or two. Replacing 2 stalwarts in defense would mean a big hole in our defense (i m not saying Cahill and Luiz are bad but these 2 are a level up then both) and then again the same old thing of purchasing new players from outside.

Well for the center back position,we shouldn't have much problems in that area.At the moment we have 4 world class center backs(Terry,Luiz,Cahill and Ivanovic) then we have many potential names in the mix as well,so rightly the center back area is covered so there won't be any need of buying another center back even if Iva leaves.

Regardless of any transfer,we need a reliable right back and there aren't many choices in the market.Since Iva is versatile,he can play as an effective right back as well.So if we do let Iva leave,well be a right back short and not a center back because of the many options we have.

There is only one solution and that is to get either Van der Wiel or Cesar and keep Bosingwa as a back up which could be a very risky move so there are a lot of things to consider or we could just simply forget about selling him this summer and hope for a deal of similar figures in the future.:P

Well for the center back position,we shouldn't have much problems in that area.At the moment we have 4 world class center backs(Terry,Luiz,Cahill and Ivanovic) then we have many potential names in the mix as well,so rightly the center back area is covered so there won't be any need of buying another center back even if Iva leaves.

Regardless of any transfer,we need a reliable right back and there aren't many choices in the market.Since Iva is versatile,he can play as an effective right back as well.So if we do let Iva leave,well be a right back short and not a center back because of the many options we have.

There is only one solution and that is to get either Van der Wiel or Cesar and keep Bosingwa as a back up which could be a very risky move so there are a lot of things to consider or we could just simply forget about selling him this summer and hope for a deal of similar figures in the future. :P

Think if we are to consider Ivanovic as a world class defender, it should be as a RB, not CB. His recent games there have proved to be something near disaster.

There is only one solution and that is to get either Van der Wiel or Cesar and keep Bosingwa as a back up which could be a very risky move so there are a lot of things to consider or we could just simply forget about selling him this summer and hope for a deal of similar figures in the future. :P

Honestly i wouldnt put Cahill and Luiz in the same league as Terry and Ivanovic, they are definitely good but not there yet. Selling off Ivanovic at this stage would be next to suicide, a player who is a set in our defense plus versatile makes the manager's job a little easier. I agree on the names u provided and would want a young right back who can be groomed and also act as backup to Ivanovic plus i would rather have the youth from the academy come in (give Hutchison and Burma more game time next season).

Bosingwa :) please please if he stays another season i sure to get a heart attack.

Honestly i wouldnt put Cahill and Luiz in the same league as Terry and Ivanovic, they are definitely good but not there yet. Selling off Ivanovic at this stage would be next to suicide, a player who is a set in our defense plus versatile makes the manager's job a little easier. I agree on the names u provided and would want a young right back who can be groomed and also act as backup to Ivanovic plus i would rather have the youth from the academy come in (give Hutchison and Burma more game time next season).

Bosingwa :) please please if he stays another season i sure to get a heart attack.

i think we should keep Bosingwa as a back up for the right back position and play him as few games as possible.By signing a contract extension,we'll be able to get some kind of money for him and have not a reliable but experienced right back.He could be the Paulo Ferriera of next season.

This year buy Azpi to get used to PL, playing the matches where Iva will rest/be injured/play on CB. That should be around 20 games next season. Then we will see how good Azpi is and eventualy he would replace Iva. Azpi is much more attacking player, but not as good as Iva in defence.

I know there's a logic in selling good players when the 'right' offer comes along, or to keep them moving so as to have a transition of players constantly, but the only (still) quality and established players in our team right now are:

Cech, Ivanovic, JT, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Mikel, Drogba, Torres

Add to that adequate squad players: Meireles, Kalou, Bertrand, and..... That's about it.

That's really shockingly low. Not forgetting that FOUR of the eleven are 32+ and have little to no selling value even if we wanted to cash in.

We need to bring more quality and/or established players IN first before we start letting them go.

Understandably if there's a good offer for Bran (by good I mean at least 20m and a swap) we should think about it but I still wouldn't sell because our squad is depleted enough as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

He was the captain of our national team when we faced Spain yesterday. Didn't watch the match, but I'm happy to see him take the armband :)

The referee gave a penalty to Spain yesterday as he thought Ivanovic tripped Adrian from the back inside the penalty box BUT replay showed that Ivanovic didn't even touch him and Adrian dived to win the penalty! :rant:

The referee gave a penalty to Spain yesterday as he thought Ivanovic tripped Adrian from the back inside the penalty box BUT replay showed that Ivanovic didn't even touch him and Adrian dived to win the penalty! :rant:

Yeah, I heard there was diving for the penalty they had. Shame...

Typical Spanish player :rolleyes: