Opinion: It’s Tammy time

James

For the purpose of balance, I’ll begin by admitting that for me the jury is still out on whether Tammy Abraham has enough to be our main guy up top and lead our line as the regular, and I still believe Chelsea need to sign a new striker as priority this summer. However, right now, […]

View the full article

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How are people still getting confused over this when it's almost the end of the 2020/21 season!? Do people, especially these so called journalists, even do their homework?

Not sure why Tuchel decided to use Werner as the ST against West Brom beforehand but that aside, Tuchel has only used him as the ST for specific opponents/matches - e.g. Atletico and Liverpool - where they suit his strengths. Otherwise, Tuchel has used Werner in a split striker role with Mount - you can argue that Tuchel should maybe go with 2 strikers instead - OR on the left/right of the front three with either Havertz as the False 9 or Giroud as the ST. 

After seeing the Matt Law article earlier and this, maybe people should look deeper into the stats (not just the goals, assists), analyze exactly what Tuchel wants from the attacking players etc to argue why Abraham should or shouldn't be playing. We all want the team to score goals, we all want our attacking play to be better and Tuchel has said it himself but he also talked a lot about other aspects of the game - e.g. work hard against the ball, to press and counter press. It's also another reason why Giroud hasn't been playing much.