Chelsea starlet could push for summer exit due to lack of game-time

James

Chelsea youngster Kenedy could push for a move away from Stamford Bridge this summer, according to Goal. Kenedy was drafted into the squad while Jose Mourinho held the reins in West London. However, despite being seemingly suited to the left-wing-back role in Antonio Conte’s 3-4-3 system – the Brazilian has been starved of game-time under the […]

View the full article

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fair enough if the lad wants to leave. He gave it a shot but no one could blame him if he now sees his future elsewhere. On the contrary, we'd all find it a bit hard to understand if he announced that he wants to stay when he already can't make the bench, and when there is every expectation that more players will arrive in the summer to relegate him even further down the pecking order.

I believe that the club's policy of scouring the world trying to unearth the best youngsters before other clubs snap them up is a sensible one. I just wish we would be a little more discriminating in the players we recruit. The first time I saw Kenedy's youtube highlights I felt, and posted to say, that he lacked the quality to be a Chelsea player. I think we should be able to tell an internationally recruited 18 year old that we want him to join us because we think he has an above average chance of making it here. I just don't see how that claim could have been made in Kenedy's case. I'm not saying Kenedy has been treated badly. I'm sure that he's been provided with the best of everything. Everything that is, except a strong enough dose of realism about his prospects.

The system could do with a success or two to give it a credibility boost. I'm not the biggest fan of Gabriel Jesus, his touch looks a little loose to me, but at least he has enough quality to give Pep a chance to use him. The next time Chelsea and City are in for the same young player, City can point to Jesus and claim the high ground.