• Mikel
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Traore
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

Stoke are a decent team, they work hard and have good direct attackers. We weren't good in the second half at all and you could see it coming. Imbula was impressive, kinda disappointed we didn't go for him, but then again if we could have the old Matic back we wouldn't need him.

When i watch us i feel our players just don't take on defenders enough and today when we did we got to byline quite a few times second half and there was no support. Traore was in there but stuck in-between 2 CB's.

I like Oscar and Willian but they do seem not to bust a gut to get in the box. Frank made a career out of it and scored so many goals from doing it. I know Frank is hard to replace but Oscar and Willian are more skilful players for sure but i think they can lack that killer instinct at times.

We are improving and did rest a couple of players today, just always a disappointment to let late goals in.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ake had to play cb tday and did a great job against leicester. Just saying dude is miles better thhan baba and wud be useful in the squad especially if we get conte ans play 3 centre backs

Considering the cobbled together lineup throughout the game that showed a huge lack of chemistry, 1-1 result was fair and not atrocious like some of those early season matches.

Clearly the next 8 days was focused on PSG first and Everton second. No Costa and Cesc on until late really showed us how limited we can be going forward. Add in Remy and a tentative RLC and yikes!

Traore continues to show promise. Will need to continue to develop physically. Shows great speed and promise.

So, even though conceding late and being hosed on the lack of a pen on Oscar was frustrating, we rested players and are getting tuned up for PSG. Need Pedro and Costa healthy. Oscar can miss the bus to the stadium.

As for the rest of the PL season, I'll take 55 or more total points and this juncture. 60+ would be outstanding especially given our start. We got 20 points out of the first 19 matches (halfway). We have gotten 20 out of the next 10, which leaves 9 games. I would take 20 points out of those final 9 (27 points) for sure. I would like to see us finish top 6 but would take top 8.

Again, considering our awful start, if we can get to 60 points that is great finish. Let's focus on the CL and FA Cup. 50/50 we get past PSG I suppose, so that one should be fun. Really would like the FA Cup title this year.

Come on you Chelsea!!

8 hours ago, BXL70 said:

Courtois is over-rated. 

Lol wut, he is proven in La Liga and CL. Last season he is proven in PL. Funny to hear it is coming from Belgian, out of others.

This 'blip' season, when team also really bad, doesn't make him become 'overrated' suddenly. Overrated is for the kid with so much hype around him, but never made it. Courtois has made it, at least twice, so we couldn't say he is overrated.

14 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Give credit to Stoke too, they worked doggedly hard and played some cracking football at times.

Imbula was terrific.

Tony Gale was yapping on and on about him. The lad was terrific but our midfield was piss poor which made him look world class at the same time.

23 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

This little guy Imbula should be in the team in blue instead of those muppets Matic, Mikel or Oscar. It is not that this forum had imbula on its screens for ages now. Why can't the fucking board see that this kind of mobile, combative, yet technically gifted DMs is what we need in modern football?

As for the game the usual stuff when being refereed by Clattenburg. Been the better team throughout but let down by his calls. Stoke still are a fine team, too. Some great football from them and resilience in defence. Wollscheid was a wall today.

From us it was a below-par performance. clearly brakes on because of the CL tie. However, I can't see us progressing since we will definitely concede at least once. But back to this game. Mikel, Matic, Ivanovic, Remy, Willian and Oscar were their usual average selves whilst Traore scored an amazing goal. Hazard, Courtois can really do better, Azpi and Cahill were solid. 

Ermm, Willian has  player this season and has been performing consistently...