Serge Aurier

Hybrid Angel

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/02/2016 at 9:55 AM, BlueLyon said:

If we actualy bring Conte and he deploys 3 (5) man defence I will shoot something. That system is outdated as fuck. Most italian teams have switched back to 4 defenders (Napoli, Juve, Inter). Take a look at Italy or Netherlands NT who have (had) 3(5) defenders. Poor for a while now. Then look at juve under Conte in CL. Did nothing. Then Allegri takes over switches to 4 defenders and reaches CL.

Only reason I dont want Conte or Sampaoli is because of their system of 5 defenders/ 3 defenders and two wingbacks. 

Also we only have one good CB. Then we would need two more (and even getting one good will be a difficult task, never mind two). Who would play wingbacks then? Willian and Azpi? Or we would need to buy two of those too. 3:5:2 is simply outdated. 

About Aurier; quality player and I wouldnt realy care about his character as long he plays well. But unless we switch Azpi to LB permamently, no point in getting him.

BlueLyon, did you ever manage to shoot something?? 

I had to look back at the date of your post.... and wondering if you still have the same sentiments. :D

2 minutes ago, magic weeds said:

BlueLyon, did you ever manage to shoot something?? 

I had to look back at the date of your post.... and wondering if you still have the same sentiments. :D

Lol how wrong I was. He proven me wrong and with nearly the same squad we had last year too! To me 3:5:2 or 3:4:3 was basicaly dead after seeing how much better juve played with 4 defenders after switch. But all the respect for what he did by putting players to new positons and hide their weaknesses (Luiz, Moses). Main reason I disliked that system was because there are no wingers, but with 3:4:3 we still have them. 

I still wonder how will the system work in Cl where Conte wasnt as brilliant as in national league, when we play more than one game per week and when opposition learns how to play against this formation.

But he certainly proven me wrong so far. The formation works perfect, however I would first give him a year or two to make final conclusions.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Lol how wrong I was. He proven me wrong and with nearly the same squad we had last year too! To me 3:5:2 or 3:4:3 was basicaly dead after seeing how much better juve played with 4 defenders after switch. But all the respect for what he did by putting players to new positons and hide their weaknesses (Luiz, Moses). Main reason I disliked that system was because there are no wingers, but with 3:4:3 we still have them. 

I still wonder how will the system work in Cl where Conte wasnt as brilliant as in national league, when we play more than one game per week and when opposition learns how to play against this formation.

But he certainly proven me wrong so far. The formation works perfect, however I would first give him a year or two to make final conclusions.

I´d say we wait and see who he brings in during the summer. In the meantime, lets just enjoy what he has to offer.

PS. I always thought Juventus under Allegri continued to play with 3 at the back.

Absolutely not please. Guy's a thug. Type of guy who snitches the manager. Spoke badly about Blanc on the famous Periscope and took 8.30 minutes to get dressed for coming on for PSG yesterday against Lorient. 

But I would love to see him in a team with Joey Barton, Balotelli, Banega and Ireland. Team Le Efant Terrible. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You