Hotseat 11: Viper22

Spike

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me too! I still love it today and I always will. I'm so passionately English and it's a lovely emblem on top of that so I thought it was perfect. Got it on my right shoulder at the top.

I know this is my hot seat, but do you have any tattoos?

That's good! I am proud of my (Mexican -American) heritage too so I have a eagle on my chest. I also have a carnation on my bicep and next week i'll get a day of the dead skull/girl piece and she'll have an Aztec headdress. Lol i didn't say cause it was YOUR hotseat:P but yea lol.

That's good! I am proud of my (Mexican -American) heritage too so I have a eagle on my chest. I also have a carnation on my bicep and next week i'll get a day of the dead skull/girl piece and she'll have an Aztec headdress. Lol i didn't say cause it was YOUR hotseat:P but yea lol.

It's fine, not that many questions for me anyway and I'm more than interested to learn about all of my TC brothers. I like that. One of my favourite things about the Americas is their passion and pride. England football is so pathetic that people have become disillusioned with it so there isn't much passion nowadays which is sad. I loved Mexico, Costa Rica, Chile and even the USA at the World Cup cos they were all underdogs who worked hard for their country and gave everything. Wish the England football team did that.

Being Mexican/American you might not know much about rugby but trust me when I say the passion for England rugby in this country at Twickenham on game day is huge. I love it. Hence the rose which is the emblem of the English rugby team.

Your tattoos sound, frankly, awesome. If you had any doubts about getting that recent one, don't. It'll look awesome :).

It's fine, not that many questions for me anyway and I'm more than interested to learn about all of my TC brothers. I like that. One of my favourite things about the Americas is their passion and pride. England football is so pathetic that people have become disillusioned with it so there isn't much passion nowadays which is sad. I loved Mexico, Costa Rica, Chile and even the USA at the World Cup cos they were all underdogs who worked hard for their country and gave everything. Wish the England football team did that.

Being Mexican/American you might not know much about rugby but trust me when I say the passion for England rugby in this country at Twickenham on game day is huge. I love it. Hence the rose which is the emblem of the English rugby team.

Your tattoos sound, frankly, awesome. If you had any doubts about getting that recent one, don't. It'll look awesome :).

It's cause people are intimidated haha. I'm glad people from other countries feel that way and recognize the passion. All those countries are so proud of their teams too.

Lol i don't know anything about rugby, but that's a pretty cool Emblem!

My next tattoo will be incorporated with my eagle and carnation and make half a sleeve, thanks!

Did/do you play rugby? Or any other sport?

It's cause people are intimidated haha. I'm glad people from other countries feel that way and recognize the passion. All those countries are so proud of their teams too.

Lol i don't know anything about rugby, but that's a pretty cool Emblem!

My next tattoo will be incorporated with my eagle and carnation and make half a sleeve, thanks!

Did/do you play rugby? Or any other sport?

Haha why would people be intimidated of me? I have strong opinions but I like a good discussion and am happy to change my mind about things if someone can lay facts at my door. I've been known to change my mind on serious topics before.

Of course we recognise your passion! It'd be hard to miss! I think you'll find that English people are jealous of that kind of passion that every North/South/Central American seems to have for their respective country. We're all too grumpy and pessimistic here. Having said that, I guarantee that if England ever managed to get a World Cup and got to the semis/final then you would see passion unlike anything ever in the football world. Everyone would be behind the national team and all of the national frustration from the last 50 years would be converted into sheet will for England to win. It'd be incredible. Unfortunately, with our current crop of overpaid wankers, that will never happen...

I didn't think you would! Not big in Mexico I didn't think! I'm glad you like it, I do too :).

Nice man, you'll have to post/PM me a picture when it's done.

Yeah I've played rugby since I was 15. For all my passion for football I don't really like playing it. It's not really a sport that works for my physique (chubby and slow). If anything I'd be the Berbatov type striker (I'm 6"3, over 16 stone and don't like being pushed, good luck beating me to a header) or a holding mid. I get booked too much playing football. Other than rugby I enjoy playing badminton and cricket too though. Although I'm useless at the latter.

Haha why would people be intimidated of me? I have strong opinions but I like a good discussion and am happy to change my mind about things if someone can lay facts at my door. I've been known to change my mind on serious topics before.

Of course we recognise your passion! It'd be hard to miss! I think you'll find that English people are jealous of that kind of passion that every North/South/Central American seems to have for their respective country. We're all too grumpy and pessimistic here. Having said that, I guarantee that if England ever managed to get a World Cup and got to the semis/final then you would see passion unlike anything ever in the football world. Everyone would be behind the national team and all of the national frustration from the last 50 years would be converted into sheet will for England to win. It'd be incredible. Unfortunately, with our current crop of overpaid wankers, that will never happen...

I didn't think you would! Not big in Mexico I didn't think! I'm glad you like it, I do too :).

Nice man, you'll have to post/PM me a picture when it's done.

Yeah I've played rugby since I was 15. For all my passion for football I don't really like playing it. It's not really a sport that works for my physique (chubby and slow). If anything I'd be the Berbatov type striker (I'm 6"3, over 16 stone and don't like being pushed, good luck beating me to a header) or a holding mid. I get booked too much playing football. Other than rugby I enjoy playing badminton and cricket too though. Although I'm useless at the latter.

Lol idk ask them!

Yea, the English are rough on their team. Us Mexicans are just too optimistic, after everything that happened in qualifying we all still thought we could win it haha. I was rooting for the American teams (except Brazil and Argentina). I think if Mexico made it to a final.we would go crazier than the English:P but who knows. That may never happen lol.

It's a shame England didn't win anything with the Golden Generation they had.

I'll put a picture up of it when it's done , better be good! $800+ haha.

I could never play rugby, I'm far too small. 5'11 155lbs.

Why didn't England win anything? Poor managing? Big egos? What?

Also how many pounds is 16 stone?

Lol idk ask them!

Yea, the English are rough on their team. Us Mexicans are just too optimistic, after everything that happened in qualifying we all still thought we could win it haha. I was rooting for the American teams (except Brazil and Argentina). I think if Mexico made it to a final.we would go crazier than the English:P but who knows. That may never happen lol.

It's a shame England didn't win anything with the Golden Generation they had.

I'll put a picture up of it when it's done , better be good! $800+ haha.

I could never play rugby, I'm far too small. 5'11 155lbs.

Why didn't England win anything? Poor managing? Big egos? What?

Also how many pounds is 16 stone?

We are rough on our team but they have been so disappointing so often that we can't help it. They were called the golden generation but they weren't really that good. We should've at least got to a final though. Why haven't we won anything? Over the years we have had some shit refereeing decisions which don't help (Ronaldo in 06 comes to mind, the winker) and the media are the main problem - if England win a game they're world beaters and will win the world cup at a canter, if we lose or draw we're the worst team in the world, the manager is useless, the players are pathetic and we'll lose against everyone. There's no middle ground and it's just ridiculous extremes... And if you look at it we've been eliminated so many damn times on penalties which is unlucky too.

Yes you could play rugby! That's the wonder of the game, it's designed so every physique and mentality has a position on the pitch: the fat strong heavy ones are props, the angry small heavy ones are hookers, tall slow ones are 2nd rows, angry crazy commited ones are flankers, big strong but skill full ones are no.8s, little quick ones are scrum halves, cocky arrogant good kicking ones are fly halves, ridiculously quick ones are wingers, a combination of wingers and fly halves are the full backs and any others play centre! See, one for everyone :P. Sounds like you'd be a scrum half.

About 230lbs.

awww, so cute! Iseah and Dale are now besties :wub: that's the cutest thing ever happened in those hot seats - probably the coolest too (although that post by WHS is still epic).

Dale

1) To post your pic just link them from somewhere you uploaded them, FB, image storage sites, twitter, etc... Then do the same way you did to upload those others. Why am I teaching you? First so you know and second so I can ask you to post your tattoos pictures, especially the English rose, I'm very curious to see them. The rose is SO beautiful

2) It's amazing that you love England so much, it makes me happy to see young lads like that. What's the thing you love the most about England? What you would change? What you think you have that nobody else does?

3) Best Chelsea moment so far for you?

4) How often do you watch matches in the stadium?

5) Do you have a girlfriend? If don't, what should a girl have to win your heart over?

6) Any man crush? It's cute when guys don't have problems admitting that :P

7) Other sports you like? Who is your biggest English athlete idol?

8) How do you like your tea and when do you usually have it?

awww, so cute! Iseah and Dale are now besties :wub: that's the cutest thing ever happened in those hot seats - probably the coolest too (although that post by WHS is still epic).

Dale

1) To post your pic just link them from somewhere you uploaded them, FB, image storage sites, twitter, etc... Then do the same way you did to upload those others. Why am I teaching you? First so you know and second so I can ask you to post your tattoos pictures, especially the English rose, I'm very curious to see them. The rose is SO beautiful

2) It's amazing that you love England so much, it makes me happy to see young lads like that. What's the thing you love the most about England? What you would change? What you think you have that nobody else does?

3) Best Chelsea moment so far for you?

4) How often do you watch matches in the stadium?

5) Do you have a girlfriend? If don't, what should a girl have to win your heart over?

6) Any man crush? It's cute when guys don't have problems admitting that :P

7) Other sports you like? Who is your biggest English athlete idol?

8) How do you like your tea and when do you usually have it?

Haha, nothing wrong with a little bit of mutual respect between blokes ;P.

1) Ok, i'll have to upload them to image storage sites at some point then. Because I don't have twitter and I haven't posted them on fb cos i'm not after attention like that :P. I'll upload them for you though, I'm glad other people like the rose too :).

2) Haha it's where I was born. It's just the way I am - I get extremely passionate about some stuff - England, Chelsea, my family etc. The thing I love most about England is the heritage. Some of our history is questionable and other parts are downright despicable, but I love that there is so much history in this country and you never ever stop learning about it. For instance the whole of Bath is heritage listed, and it's incredibly interesting to learn about all the things around the city that have been standing for thousands of years, and imagine what it must have been like back then, when things were largely in the same place.

One thing I would change about England is lack of tolerance from both sides. Older people still remember the World Wars/Falklands stuff like that and as a result hate Germans/Argentinians etc. which to me is odd cos most people in those countries are just relatives of the people who committed those atrocities and so can't be held accountable, just like British people shouldn't be held accountable for their ancestor's role in the slave trade. So that group/generation of people are very intolerant of the current way that the country is and are very stuck in their ways - against gay marriage, against immigration in general, stuff like that. I'll just qualify now i'm a fan of immigration, I think it makes the culture of our country all the richer and makes it one of the most interesting countries in the world. But on the other end of the spectrum I straight up HATE when people migrate to this country and try and suppress our culture. English people not being allowed to be English (celebrating Christmas, flying the St George's cross, being proud to be English) because it apparently offends other people and their culture. I accept that they may not have the same beliefs but I wouldn't dream of going to someone else's country and trying to tell them that they can't celebrate their culture or practice their traditions, it's their prerogative to do what they like in their own country. And I just wish that SOME migrants would remember that and treat we English with the same respect we show them by allowing them to practice their beliefs.

What England have that no-one else does? A silent majority of people who are very proud to be English and don'y like the minority PC brigade but are too polite/scared to say anything so stay silent and bottle it up. It's a very British thing. Not sure if any other places have that by it doesn't seem like they do and England definitely does.

3) Well i'll avoid the obvious CL final win and go with us beating Bolton to win the league in 04-05. Was a great moment as I was with my family at the time, all celebrating together. 2 Lamps goals too, which was just perfect. Was just gutted that we lost to City earlier in the season and didn't go undefeated.

4) I've not watched as many games as I would have liked due to not having much money but i've gone to between 1 and 4 matches every season for the last 5/6 years. Next year I hope to go to 4 again.

5) I do indeed have a girlfriend. She's Welsh and I've been with her for 3 years. So i'm afraid i'm not on the market ;). For a girl to win my heart over she needs to accept my loves and accept that they're going to become a part of their life too. Chelsea being the prime example. My girlfriend has done that well; my 21st birthday present was a Chelsea shirt from the 2012 CL final, hand signed by the whole squad, along with a signed captain's armband and a replica winners medal. Sufficed to say she is the greatest girl i've ever met and I love her dearly :P. She knows me well. NB: Don't think i'm a male chauvinist though, i'm tolerant too and in return watch things she likes too with her - soaps and x factor and cooking shows, stuff like that, so it goes both ways.

6) Iseah ;). Haha but seriously I have a bit of a man crush on Johnny Depp, I love that man. He's just incredible.

7) Rugby Union. My favourite sport to play and I like watching it a lot too. Especially England. I'm a fan of most sports tbh and will watch almost every sport that's on, but mostly Football, Rugby, Cricket, Golf and F1. If you mean athlete literally (atheltics) then Greg Rutherford (long jumper for GB) cos he's a great bloke. If you mean English sportsman then Kevin Pieterson (cricketer), he's a brilliant player and so under-appreciated by some English people because of his South African heritage. He's the best cricketer England has ever had to my mind.

8) I'm not the greatest lover of tea tbh. Not EVERYONE in England loves tea you know :P. I'm not a fan of hot drinks in general but I will drink tea on occasion. It's mostly drunk in either the morning while reading the papers or in the evening on a cold day in front of MOTD, and it's no different for me. I like mine with a medium amount of milk and 1 sugar, preferably demerara.

Lol Barbara is silly:P

6) Iseah ;). Haha but seriously I have a bit of a man crush on Johnny Depp, I love that man. He's just incredible.

I'm all warm and fuzzy inside now:lol::lol::D

Quick! 5 favorite non-Chelsea players! Go!

1) Ok, i'll have to upload them to image storage sites at some point then. Because I don't have twitter and I haven't posted them on fb cos i'm not after attention like that :P. I'll upload them for you though, I'm glad other people like the rose too :).

2) Haha it's where I was born. It's just the way I am - I get extremely passionate about some stuff - England, Chelsea, my family etc. The thing I love most about England is the heritage. Some of our history is questionable and other parts are downright despicable, but I love that there is so much history in this country and you never ever stop learning about it. For instance the whole of Bath is heritage listed, and it's incredibly interesting to learn about all the things around the city that have been standing for thousands of years, and imagine what it must have been like back then, when things were largely in the same place.

One thing I would change about England is lack of tolerance from both sides. Older people still remember the World Wars/Falklands stuff like that and as a result hate Germans/Argentinians etc. which to me is odd cos most people in those countries are just relatives of the people who committed those atrocities and so can't be held accountable, just like British people shouldn't be held accountable for their ancestor's role in the slave trade. So that group/generation of people are very intolerant of the current way that the country is and are very stuck in their ways - against gay marriage, against immigration in general, stuff like that. I'll just qualify now i'm a fan of immigration, I think it makes the culture of our country all the richer and makes it one of the most interesting countries in the world. But on the other end of the spectrum I straight up HATE when people migrate to this country and try and suppress our culture. English people not being allowed to be English (celebrating Christmas, flying the St George's cross, being proud to be English) because it apparently offends other people and their culture. I accept that they may not have the same beliefs but I wouldn't dream of going to someone else's country and trying to tell them that they can't celebrate their culture or practice their traditions, it's their prerogative to do what they like in their own country. And I just wish that SOME migrants would remember that and treat we English with the same respect we show them by allowing them to practice their beliefs.

What England have that no-one else does? A silent majority of people who are very proud to be English and don'y like the minority PC brigade but are too polite/scared to say anything so stay silent and bottle it up. It's a very British thing. Not sure if any other places have that by it doesn't seem like they do and England definitely does.

3) Well i'll avoid the obvious CL final win and go with us beating Bolton to win the league in 04-05. Was a great moment as I was with my family at the time, all celebrating together. 2 Lamps goals too, which was just perfect. Was just gutted that we lost to City earlier in the season and didn't go undefeated.

4) I've not watched as many games as I would have liked due to not having much money but i've gone to between 1 and 4 matches every season for the last 5/6 years. Next year I hope to go to 4 again.

5) I do indeed have a girlfriend. She's Welsh and I've been with her for 3 years. So i'm afraid i'm not on the market ;). For a girl to win my heart over she needs to accept my loves and accept that they're going to become a part of their life too. Chelsea being the prime example. My girlfriend has done that well; my 21st birthday present was a Chelsea shirt from the 2012 CL final, hand signed by the whole squad, along with a signed captain's armband and a replica winners medal. Sufficed to say she is the greatest girl i've ever met and I love her dearly :P. She knows me well. NB: Don't think i'm a male chauvinist though, i'm tolerant too and in return watch things she likes too with her - soaps and x factor and cooking shows, stuff like that, so it goes both ways.

7) Rugby Union. My favourite sport to play and I like watching it a lot too. Especially England. I'm a fan of most sports tbh and will watch almost every sport that's on, but mostly Football, Rugby, Cricket, Golf and F1. If you mean athlete literally (atheltics) then Greg Rutherford (long jumper for GB) cos he's a great bloke. If you mean English sportsman then Kevin Pieterson (cricketer), he's a brilliant player and so under-appreciated by some English people because of his South African heritage. He's the best cricketer England has ever had to my mind.

8) I'm not the greatest lover of tea tbh. Not EVERYONE in England loves tea you know :P. I'm not a fan of hot drinks in general but I will drink tea on occasion. It's mostly drunk in either the morning while reading the papers or in the evening on a cold day in front of MOTD, and it's no different for me. I like mine with a medium amount of milk and 1 sugar, preferably demerara.

awwww!!!!! so cute answers and so cute to read young people talking about their partners (I'll include myself in the young category, but I mean even younger :P)

Iseah is very cute (and silly too as showed in the answer above mine - he thinks I'm silly than he goes full silly on your remark). See what I felt, @iseah100? Now you feel the same, you silly :P

I don't think every Englishman likes tea. I'm from a state from Brazil that is traditional about a few things and I hate most of them... I feel like an ET so I won't make the assumption everyone does.

Thanks for the picture of your tattoo(s), I'll be waiting for it. There's a way for you to upload things on FB that only you can see and you can still click on the pic, copy the link and post it here so you won't feel a show off. And I meant the sportsman. My favorite English sportsman of all time is Jenson Button. But I won't even pretend to be all mature and serious and say is because he's amazing. He's as hot as they get. And I like the way he drives and I think he's a great character. Absolutely love him.

I wonder how your girl got you a shirt hand signed by the whole squad. She's an ace ;) I need to meet that girl, hahahahaha

2) USA, all day. Chicago, specifically. I just love idea of living in the USA one day. But i've never been there... :(. NZ and Italy close behind.

8) This might seem like an arse-crawling answer but my favourite TC staff member is you. Close in front of Choulo. You were both very welcoming when I joined and made me want to stay on, now I can't imagine leaving!! Spike is alright too (although Australian...) and Special Juan is really becoming a good staff member quickly too.

People get shot all the time in Chicago. When I was in Chicago I was shot. My girlfriend is from Chicago. My girlfriend shot me.

No statement.

People get shot all the time in Chicago. When I was in Chicago I was shot. My girlfriend is from Chicago. My girlfriend shot me.

No statement.

That sounds like a very confused police statement by a guy who realised his girlfriend was listening.

People get shot in Bedford too, I'll just avoid the drug deals :P.

That sounds like a very confused police statement by a guy who realised his girlfriend was listening.

People get shot in Bedford too, I'll just avoid the drug deals :P.

Chicago is so big my head was spinning when I was there. I was also really hungry and was in a bad mood.

You really don't like Chicago do you? Even when this guy is from there?

I like Chicago. It's probably a little to big for my tastes. I'd hate to live in the inner city but that goes for nearly all cities. The suburbs are nice, I could handle the suburbs.

I'm not very good at American stoplights and my timing is very poor, without my GF I would have been hit by a car.