Fixture Changes

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First train into Hull arrives at 12:19. Game starts 25 minutes later. Cheers BT.

Still, could be worse, could be a Southampton fan travelling up to Sunderland for a 12:45 kick off. Yet more consideration given for the fans there by BT.

First train into Hull arrives at 12:19. Game starts 25 minutes later. Cheers BT.

Still, could be worse, could be a Southampton fan travelling up to Sunderland for a 12:45 kick off. Yet more consideration given for the fans there by BT.

We know the TV audience is the priority because of the revenue to the suits who run the Premiership.

We always seem to get hit hard though -In 2011 every single Chelsea away match between 12th December (at Spurs) and 2nd April (the visit to Stoke) was a midweek match. if you're working theyre practically impossible to attend without throwing a sickie the next day. They are sucha bunch of cunts.

We know the TV audience is the priority because of the revenue to the suits who run the Premiership.

We always seem to get hit hard though -In 2011 every single Chelsea away match between 12th December (at Spurs) and 2nd April (the visit to Stoke) was a midweek match. if you're working theyre practically impossible to attend without throwing a sickie the next day. They are sucha bunch of cunts.

Hate how TV audiences take priority. Think I read somewhere we will have had 1 3PM Saturday away kick off between March 2012 and February 2013. I know audiences in Asia, America etc. take priority but is it really too much to ask that they give just a little bit of consideration? Sunderland v Southampton, 511 km away as a 12:45? Stupid. Us playing Newcastle as an early kick off the last few seasons, again no consideration.

3PM home kick offs are something of a rare treat these days too. The price of following a successful team... :(

Hate how TV audiences take priority. Think I read somewhere we will have had 1 3PM Saturday away kick off between March 2012 and February 2013. I know audiences in Asia, America etc. take priority but is it really too much to ask that they give just a little bit of consideration? Sunderland v Southampton, 511 km away as a 12:45? Stupid. Us playing Newcastle as an early kick off the last few seasons, again no consideration.

3PM home kick offs are something of a rare treat these days too. The price of following a successful team... :(

Considering the club get half a million quid per televised game -youd think they would reimburse fans that are out of pocket.

The club forgets theyd be nothing without attending fans. Absolutely fuck all, unless I suppose they had sampled crowd noises and mannequins, bit like the Emirates

Stop complaining with a full belly!

Say you followed boca juniors, or Santos and they kept switching the times of the kick offs for tv. Not only that but your $2000 season ticket included away games, yet you couldnt go to those games because you had work the next day. The club then refused to reimburse you for those games, but other brazilian clubs did to their fans. I suspect you'd be a little fucked off.

Say you followed boca juniors, or Santos and they kept switching the times of the kick offs for tv. Not only that but your $2000 season ticket included away games, yet you couldnt go to those games because you had work the next day. The club then refused to reimburse you for those games, but other brazilian clubs did to their fans. I suspect you'd be a little fucked off.

The only problem in your argument is that these kind of stuff happens around here and it is much worse than in England!

Despite we having to go to shit facilities, with shit transport and infrastructure to get there, with no security and to see shit players. We have to accept all of the re-schedule stupidity that goes around on today's television football as well.

Now, imagine having to watch UCL midweek games at 10pm. With the possibility of penalties that drag to 1am. All ending up with a nice bit of traffic on the way home, so we can get up at 6am the other day! Or worse, not even arrive home because you were killed by a rival fan or a drug dealer on the middle of what should have been a leisure...

And that is because I didnt even touch the continent distances away fans have to deal with. A club like Gremio or Internacional have all their opponents located at a greater distance than the two most distant possible places in the UK. It is literally impossible to see your team at some cities without taking one or two days off work/school.

So, even though I totally agree with your complaints. I do mean it when I say you are moaning with a full belly!

EDIT: Games in Brazil constantly change to stupid hours and dates only to satisfy the desires of a few. At least in Europe, they got a reason to do so...

The only problem in your argument is that these kind of stuff happens around here and it is much worse than in England!

Despite we having to go to shit facilities, with shit transport and infrastructure to get there, to see shit players. We have to accept all of the re-schedule stupidity that goes on today's television football.

Now, imagine having to watch UCL midweek games at 10pm. With the possibility of penalties that drag to 1am. All ending up with a nice bit of traffic on the way home, so we can get up at 6am the other day! Or worse, not even arrive home because you were killed by a rival fan or a drug dealer on the middle of what should have been a leisure...

And that is because I didnt even touch the continent distances away fans have to deal with. A club like Gremio or Internacional have all their opponents located at a greater distance than the two most distant possible places in the UK.

So, even though I totally agree with your complaints. I do mean it when I say you are moaning with a full belly!

EDIT: Games in Brazil constantly change to stupid hours and dates only to satisfy the desires of a few...

But it doesnt affect you personally, which is why its easier to just watch chelsea on tv from round the other side of the world.

Anyway this thread hasnt been created as some sort of moanfest - its primarily a notification thread for changing kick off times for travelling fans.

Are TV audiences taking priority really? Because if they are targeting Asia and America those times don't really work for viewers much either (America for sure have no idea about Asia). A 3pm kick off is approximately 11:00am and a 12:45pm is like 8 something in the morning not really convenient for foreign viewers either. It seems both local and international fans are getting the stick...

• 1 month later...