Moving forward, who do you think has a better chance at winning the world cup, England or USA?

Korea

As much as a lot of folks outside of United States think futbol is irrelevant in the states with the amount of resources/financial opportunities, plethora of athletes and potentially improved youth involvement, I think USA has a good chance of winning a world cup before England does moving forward.

What about you guys?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose football is becoming bigger in the states. And due to the sheer size of the country you would think a lot of talent would come out of there if they were that into "soccer". Wheras we are obviously very much into it, but seem behind in the coaching, and are pretty small as a nation. As well as coming to an end of a generation where we had a lot of Talent. In their peak. E.G. 6 years ago we had a good chance of winning the WC.

Tough to say, but i can see arguments for both sides.

I think USA had a very good generation the past decade or so, and the level of the MLS has gone up so much during this period, but I think they are still miles behind when it comes to coaching especially on the youth level. Clubs don't have the academies that you see in England which is why you don't really see many young prospects coming from there. That's why I can't see them winning a WC anytime soon. If anything England are much more likely to win it in the foreseeable future because they have players that have played at the top level and have the experience of winning major trophies with their clubs.

On any account, both are mile behind the likes of Germany, Spain, Netherlands, France, Brazil, Argentina and so many more.

Who has the bigger bank account :ph34r:

Currently U.S.A is leading the CONCACAF nation's ranking for FIFA something that Mexico held since forever. They were number 1 between 2010-2011 as well so they are improving but I don't think they have improved enough to be compared against England.

I think 2 things USA has is superior athletes/bigger talent pool and financial resources...

I always thought if Africa had better financial resources, they would eventually become powerhouse of fubtol.