Chelsea canter to victory in Jakarta

BlueLion.

BNI Indonesia All-Stars 1-8 Chelsea

Scorers - Hazard (21', pen), Ramires (29', 56'), Ba (31'), Terry (45'), Traore (50'), Lukaku (51', 66').

0,,10268~12094156,00.jpg

More than 80,000 spectators crammed into the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta to see José Mourinho's Chelsea romp to victory over the BNI Indonesia All-Stars.

In what was the first game to be played in Indonesia in the club's history, Ramires and substitute Romelu Lukaku were both at the double to inspire the Blues to an eventual 8-1 triumph in a mesmerising pre-season encounter.

Whilst the Blues' previous tour wins over the Singha All-Stars and a Malaysian XI were somewhat uninspiring, the hosts proved to be gallant opposition and such a landslide margin of victory does their endeavour much disservice.

The loudest cheer of the night was reserved for a late consolation goal as Tomas Kalas haplessly deflected the ball into his own goal in the dying stages, but that error will do little to demean what was an excellent attacking performance from Mourinho's men.

Eden Hazard got the Blues off to the perfect start with a coolly-taken penalty before Ramires and Demba Ba both hammered home emphatically from close range.

John Terry got his name on the scoresheet when Gary Cahill flicked on Ryan Bertrand's deep free-kick to make it 4-0 at half-time.

Substitute Bertrand Traore, who captured the imaginations of thousands of Chelsea fans with an impressive performance and goal in the last match, saw his stock continue to rise when he netted the pick of the strikes immediately after the interval, whilst Romelu Lukaku continued his excellent pre-season campaign by netting the sixth and the eight.

Sandwiched between those goals from the Belgian was a well-taken second from Ramires, who was one of several players Mourinho gave extended match-time to. Gary Cahill became the first player to complete 90 minutes in pre-season.

There were also run-outs for young stars Lucas Piazon, Wallace, Jamal Blackman, Josh McEachran and Nathaniel Chalobah, and the latter came close to scoring in the first half when he saw a shot come back off the base of the post.

In truth, the combination of woodwork and goalkeeper was the only thing that prevented the Blues from winning by an even greater margin; Wallace also hit the post with a shot after a break-neck counter-attack, whilst the home goalkeeper also saved well from Ramires and Hazard in the first-half.

Next stop, after a few days of rest back in the UK, is the United States for four more games - including clashes against Italian giants Inter and Roma - and then it's home once more, for the Premier League to begin.

It should be noted that the Blues face a very early-season fixture pile-up, as their home game against Aston Villa has been moved to the first midweek of the season to accommodate the Blues' UEFA Super Cup commitments.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A - who said?

B - no-one's stopping you from writing one.

C - this is a match summary that took me five minutes to right so I could upload it to the site ASAP.

@CHOULO19, said. Anyways no problem. I was just wondering since I had written the match report and I thought I would have to delete it all. :D