Not Another Liverpool.................

From Football365

LIVERPOOL FANS START NEW CLUB

Posted 18/03/08 09:35EmailPrintSave

Liverpool supporters have formed their own "little brother" club AFC Liverpool after being priced out of going to Anfield.

AFC Liverpool are the latest 'fans' club after the success of first AFC Wimbledon and then FC United and they have applied to the Vodkat North West Counties League Division Two to enter a team for next season.

But unlike FC United - formed in protest at the Glazer ownership - AFC Liverpool hope to flourish alongside the club and have been launched purely to give fans a team to watch outside of the big Premier League prices.

Club spokesman Alun Parry told the Daily Telegraph: "This has nothing to do with the ownership issue, it's about affordability. I've been going to Anfield since the late Seventies when I was six years old. A season ticket in the Kop cost £45 in 1985, today it's £650, which I know is a lot cheaper than some other Premier League clubs, but in inflation terms Eighties prices should equate to £98 today.

"We aren't blaming the club, we realise they have no choice, but the sad fact is that a whole community is being denied the opportunity to grow up in the 'match-going' culture. The average age of a Premier League supporter is now 43. At a recent game I spotted only two children, so kids who can't afford to go are forced to learn what it means to support a club from one source - television.

"Far from wishing to be estranged from the club, we are hoping that Liverpool will look upon us as a little brother."

Hope we get the cunts in the FA Cup, Then we can give it the big un' "YOU AINT GOT NO HISTORY"

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic