Vote for Didier Drogba to win a Golden Foot award

Ivory Coast captain Didier Drogba is among the nominees for this year’s Golden Foot award to succeed Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs who was honoured last October in Monaco.

Initiated by the Prince of Monaco in 2003, the Golden Foot award is an international football award, given to players who stand out for their athletic achievements and for their personality.

The accolade is only given to active players of at least 29 years of age and can only be won once. And the winner leaves a permanent mould of his footprints on "The Champions Promenade", on the seafront of the Principality of Monaco. This year’s nominees are Gianluigi Buffon, Iker Casillas, Didier Drogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kakà, Andrea Pirlo, Carles Puyol, Raul, Clarence Seedorf, Xavi.

The winner will be selected by an online poll, where anyone can vote.

Past winners are Roberto Baggio (2003), Pavel Nedved (2004), Andriy Shevchenko (2005), Ronaldo (2006), Alessandro Del Piero (2007), Roberto Carlos (2008), Ronaldinho (2009), Francesco Totti (2010) and Ryan Giggs (2011).

http://goldenfoot.com/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted using one of my old hotmail email addresses. :rolleyes:

I think Drogba has a fair chance of winning this. The nominees aren't too strong this year, though saying that the uefalona fanboys might all pop a vote for someone like Puyol.

I feel that Drogba deserves these awards more than anyone else, as this year he has contributed tremendously to our club and set the stage for our biggest win in Chels history.

It's what happend in the goal of the last 20years awards. All the man utd fan boys voted for rooneys goal..it was good, but not the best by far!

These voting things go to the winer of the highest fan base

Cast my vote for the big man