Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, if only we gave him 04/05?

Tomo

Morning Blues.

Ive just been watching Jimmy's 4 part interview he gave Chelsea TV and despite our record braking title win in Jose's first season i still to this day wonder what might have been if, instead of signing Kezman, Jose gave Jimmy one more season and the title medal he deserved.

In truth Kezman struggled all season and Drogba took time to adapt (especially the 1st half of the season) and if Jose decided to keep Jimmy instead what more we would have done, personally i dont think there would be any chance we would have gone 2 legs against Liverpool without scoring had he been available, not only did he have a strong goalscoring record against Liverpool but could you imagine the crowd and the defense 1-0 up half an hour to go and on came Hasselbaink? they would certainly have been more worried than they were when they saw Kezman on.

04/05 was historic in itself and our best season ever but with Jimmy i reckon we would have hit the 100 point mark (possibly unbeaten) and maybe even have won the CL. Imagine Jimmy with Robben (under the form he was in that season) feeding him? whistling.gif

With all the records we broke in 04/05 and everything we achieved, its frightening to think that had we kept Jimmy we could have done even better.

thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasselbaink was one of our finest strikers,his partnership with Gudjohnsen was one of the most feared in the history of the Premiership.It would be nice if he stayed and won that medal with us but i think even though he didn't,his time in Chelsea will always be special for him and for the supporters.I love him to bits i remember him with Charlton Athletic when he scored against us at Stamford Bridge he ''apologised'' to the fans by clapping towards them and they returned the favour by doing the same thing,it's his job to score and he is a true professional.In the end we turned it and won 2-1 but Jimmy will always be a legend in the eyes of the Blues faithful.

Edited by True_Blue

Hasselbaink was one of our finest strikers,his partnership with Gudjohnsen was one of the most feared in the history of the Premiership.It would be nice if he stayed and won that medal with us but i think even though he didn't,his time in Chelsea will always be special for him and for the supporters.I love him to bits i remember him with Charlton Athletic when he scored against us at Stamford Bridge he ''apologised'' to the fans by clapping towards them and they returned the favour by doing the same thing,it's his job to score and he is a true professional.In the end we turned it and won 2-1 but Jimmy will always be a legend in the eyes of the Blues faithful.

emo3.gifi remember that game, for a minute i forgot Charlton have just got level.

Agree, it really is a pity he didn't win anything with us, 1 more year woulda been so nice in hindsight, to see him lift the prem trophy, CC and maybe the UCL. Quite weird really that we won the 05 title so easily and didn't have any in form strikers, with Jimmy we might have actually done better and he coulda been that man to bang one in in that UCL semi at anfield too, he had a couple of good games there, specially that winner on the opening day of 03/04.

So many ifs but 2004/2005 was pretty good none the less.

I am a hugh Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink fan, but the truth be told he needed change. He had lost a step & his work rate was not top notch when he left. He still did experience some good times @ the Bridge & the highlight for him will be in that 1/4 final 2nd leg @ Highbury. Remember he played 80 minutes that match. He didn't score, but he helped wear down le arse & that setup of Bridge on the left ;) Sorry, I won't forget that, as every time I remember that match I get goosebumps. BTW, check out his autobiography. I know, there is only a couple of chapters of the Blues in it, but that makes the book worth it all the while. Jimmy Floyd a Chelsea Legend!!!

I am a huge Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink fan, but the truth be told he needed change. He had lost a step & his work rate was not top notch when he left. He still did experience some good times @ the Bridge & the highlight for him will be in that 1/4 final 2nd leg @ Highbury. Remember he played 80 minutes that match. He didn't score, but he helped wear down le arse & that setup of Bridge on the left ;) Sorry, I won't forget that, as every time I remember that match I get goosebumps. BTW, check out his autobiography. I know, there is only a couple of chapters of the Blues in it, but that makes the book worth it all the while. Jimmy Floyd a Chelsea Legend!!!

Totally agree.

Loved him. Every goal he scored, every assist he provided. That amazing partnership with Gudjohnsen. But it was his time to go, I don't think he would've reached the heights we'd expect in 2004/05. Better to go when you're on a high.

I am a hugh Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink fan, but the truth be told he needed change. He had lost a step & his work rate was not top notch when he left. He still did experience some good times @ the Bridge & the highlight for him will be in that 1/4 final 2nd leg @ Highbury. Remember he played 80 minutes that match. He didn't score, but he helped wear down le arse & that setup of Bridge on the left ;) Sorry, I won't forget that, as every time I remember that match I get goosebumps. BTW, check out his autobiography. I know, there is only a couple of chapters of the Blues in it, but that makes the book worth it all the while. Jimmy Floyd a Chelsea Legend!!!

Totally agree.

Loved him. Every goal he scored, every assist he provided. That amazing partnership with Gudjohnsen. But it was his time to go, I don't think he would've reached the heights we'd expect in 2004/05. Better to go when you're on a high.

Even if he didn't reached the height we think he might have he could still have got us a couple of vital goals and would surely have been better than Kezman?

Even if he didn't reached the height we think he might have he could still have got us a couple of vital goals and would surely have been better than Kezman?

Thing is. Kezman came to us with a fantastic record in the Eredivisie.. 105 in 122 [according to Wiki] . So the gamble was one to take at the time, Jimmy had to leave to make room.