The Rock Thread

chrismada9

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing about Ra is that they're sound is something which is untouched by any other band, or that has been able to bring the same elements together and make it mold into something beautiful sounding like they do. Sahaj is the main factor for their sweet sound, and he is meant to be doing an solo album at the moment which should be out soon enough this year. But other bands which i like either recently or have re-connected with, have been either unsigned or different genres.

For Example:

Entwine - Bittersweet

A little gothic metal, which can spawn some nice songs with the right construction. Finnish as well, as it seems all decent bands are from. It was the singer which was destinctive for me, band isn't super known but have made some good songs.

Stealing Eden - All I need

Unsigned post-grunge band, catchy songs and yet another decet singer.

And Manuf, nice collection of classic rock bands their! AC/DC and old-GNR are ones that really shine for me, didn't mind they last GNR one though, have you checked out Slah's solo album?

I don't call them GNR now, I call them Axl Rose's Band.

And sure I checked our his new solo album. I liked it. It's like classic Guns but without Axl's rough voice. ;)

I Love this band even if some people dont agree with them

Rage Against The Machine = Legends

Killing in The Name: Christmas Number One 2009

ZanSnake, I really do like that song by Stealing Eden! But the problem is I can't seem to find them on Spotify, so I can't look for any other songs of theirs :(

Have you heard of Elvenking?? They're an Italian metal band, and I like this song, Dominhate!

Bands im into are;

The Fratellis

Oasis

Mando Diao (swedish band)

Dirty Pretty Things

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

and the classics like the kinks and the beatles.

Propper rock n roll is this

Bands im into are;

The Fratellis

Oasis

Mando Diao (swedish band)

Dirty Pretty Things

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

and the classics like the kinks and the beatles.

Propper rock n roll is this

Here is some proper Rock'n'roll :D It makes me wanna grow a fucking beard :D

• 4 weeks later...

New Kings of Leon album out in October :D Although the release I'm looking forward to most is A THOUSAND SUNS by LINKIN PARK <3

From what i have heard, it is more Electro then Nu Metal. Hope i am wrong though loved there last couple of albums, My December is awesome! Don't like New Divide though.:carlo:

New Divide is one of my favourite songs by them :lol: Hybrid Theory is their best album by some distance. I lot of people slate Minutes to Midnight but I like the feel of it; it's more melodic. A Thousand Suns is a little more electronica-based, but its infused with Hybrid Theory's nu-metal as well. Here's an example - their newest song; Wretches and Kings:

• 2 weeks later...

New Divide is one of my favourite songs by them :lol: Hybrid Theory is their best album by some distance. I lot of people slate Minutes to Midnight but I like the feel of it; it's more melodic. A Thousand Suns is a little more electronica-based, but its infused with Hybrid Theory's nu-metal as well. Here's an example - their newest song; Wretches and Kings:

I gotta say Alex, that song is a cross between metal and hip-hop! :P In my honest opinion, they don't work well together but that song's alright!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back again, and with a more longer list of bands that i had rediscovered. One that i have grown to love is Revis, who was a big hit in the US for awhile before being released from the contract, it was a merger of record labels and unfortunately they were one of the few unlucky artists who had to wonder the life of being unsigned. The broke up soon after but are back with two new albums coming out soon, only made so far but it was awesome!

Example of Revis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZzZH9XG6ek&ob=av2n

Had a hit with a song from the DareDevil soundtrack called Caught in the Rain, but the whole 'Places for Breathing' album is brilliant and can't wait for their new stuff.

Another band is Allele, a band i originally discovered from an SmackDown VS RAW game with a song called 'Stitches', but i got listening to their only album (releasing a new one next year) 'Point of Origin' and it has become one of my favourites. Too bad they did a Revis, because just like them they had success in the US and was highly praised by critics.

Example of Allele:

The lead guitarist is from Cold, who are another brilliant band!

Another double of great bands is ANew Revolution and Unloco, who are both the same vocalist and i think lead guitairst from both bands. Unloco has released two albums, but i have the second one only (since it was meant to be the best out of the two) called 'Rise' which is acoustic rock ie goes from an acoustic start to hard rock, vocalist is fucking awesome. ANew Revloution has released only one album thus far, and is self entitled, it has a more harder sound to it then Rise, but it is basically the same kind of sound. Both brilliant!

Examples of both Unloco and ANew Revolution:

Unloco

ANew Revolution (New Order cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVw4QtLQv6Q

Tell me what you think i have a couple left.

ANew Revolution (New Order cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVw4QtLQv6Q

Tell me what you think i have a couple left.

I must say, that's a great song, and one I can get into. Are most of their songs like that??

I love these songs....

Bullet with Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E96PQuIl_cQ

Tarantula - Smashing Pumpkins