Chelsea do not need a new striker, stats suggest we already have the solution

James

Romelu Lukaku Michy BatshuayiMichy Batshuayi’s superb stats suggest he deserves a chance. Batshuayi is currently on-loan at Valencia from Chelsea. READ MORE: Michy Batshuayi hoping for Chelsea return Do Chelsea need a new centre-forward? Or should we have faith in the on-loan Michy Batshuayi? A list of stats collated by Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur suggests we ought to […]

View the full article

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt now with hindsight and forethought that we would nearly all take him back right now as our number 1 striker.

BUT IF we are really serious about competing against shitty and Victimpool (Ive collared FBs term tho I do like scouse gits too lol) we need a serious striker with us.

And I'm sure we all have our eyes on our own faves but I do wish we would go all out for Icardi or Dybala. And we know how blinking hard it would be to entice Dybala from Juve so we have to go in hard without trying to pennypinch (as if it would be at all possible) for Icardi. Probably be £110-£125 mill butwe would be quids in apart from the goals! Shirt sales, adbertising and bums on seats etc etc!

But of course I really wouldn't turn my nose up at Piatek, Martial, Talisca, Belotti, , Or after being educated my Mz @Vesper   Maxi Gomez or that guy Lautaro Martínez .

But we do need to seriouslt look at players to give us goals. Both in the CF amd RW positions.

The fact he's been loaned out despite striker problems and a decent goalscoring record says everything to how crap an all round footballer he is. I don't know what the answer is but it definitely ain't Batshauyi.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I doubt now with hindsight and forethought that we would nearly all take him back right now as our number 1 striker.

BUT IF we are really serious about competing against shitty and Victimpool (Ive collared FBs term tho I do like scouse gits too lol) we need a serious striker with us.

And I'm sure we all have our eyes on our own faves but I do wish we would go all out for Icardi or Dybala. And we know how blinking hard it would be to entice Dybala from Juve so we have to go in hard without trying to pennypinch (as if it would be at all possible) for Icardi. Probably be £110-£125 mill butwe would be quids in apart from the goals! Shirt sales, adbertising and bums on seats etc etc!

But of course I really wouldn't turn my nose up at Piatek, Martial, Talisca, Belotti, , Or after being educated my Mz @Vesper   Maxi Gomez or that guy Lautaro Martínez .

But we do need to seriouslt look at players to give us goals. Both in the CF amd RW positions.

Talisca is an AMF. Not a striker. Dybala scored a hat trick for Juve last night. I want him or Icardi sooo bad, but Dybala especially will be a nightmare to pull from Juve. I also cannot see our board spending the £150m or so it would take to buy him.

Icardi is the main option. Still cannot believe we didn't grab him for £98m in July.

We were trying to extract £65m for MORATA from AC Milan. Icardi is SURELY worth £33m more than that!

I know the Icardi haters here claim he touches the ball 2 times a game. That is ridiculous, and even if he did, with those 2 touches he was a deadly sniper (enough to score 29 league goals!).  One more goal and he would have bexome only the third player ever in modern game (1960 onward) to score 30 in a  season in Italy. Luca Toni and Higuain being the others.

If not Dybala, then we need to fully suss out Piątek. I think he looks the real deal. Ironically he was one of the 'cheap buys' I told my Baggie mate about last year for West Brom to buy. I had to go back and check my old messages to him.

I look at the lesser leagues top scorers (say top 10 max) and then look at ages and back ground. He stuck out like a sore thumb for KS Cracovia (Kracow). I had no idea he would be THIS good, but certainly was worth a shot for West Brom. Genoa is a striker-finding machine, lolol. They had Pietro Pellegri, the 17yo wunderkind now on Monaco (Emenalo buy).