Baba Rahman

Im just not sure how will Baba young inexperienced LB provide more defensive stability than Luis, CL finalist from team that plays similar to us.

Age and experience is don't guarantee success. Luis' titles with Atleti don't mean shit.

Age and experience is don't guarantee success. Luis' titles with Atleti don't mean shit.

Luis titles from atletico indeed mean nothing to Chelsea, but if you think experience dont play big role in success and titles think again.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal interested in Augsburg’s Baba Rahman
Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal are among a stellar list of clubs to have registered an interest in signing Baba Rahman from the German side Augsburg, but they have been told the Ghana defender could cost up to €20m (£14m).
The 21-year-old, who joined Augsburg from Greuther Fürth only last summer, has also been the subject of inquiries from Roma, Juventus, Internazionale and Atlético Madrid after an impressive season in the Bundesliga.
But it is understood that he would favour a move to England this season, with Chelsea having contacted his representatives last month over making a potential bid. Manchester City are also keeping tabs on his situation as they search for a long-term solution to their problem left-back position, with neither Aleksandar Kolarov or Gaël Clichy having made the role his own.
Despite the presence of Kieran Gibbs and Nacho Monreal in his squad, the Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, has also been impressed by Rahman, who helped Augsburg finish fifth in the Bundesliga last season – the highest finish in the club’s history.
Last week, Augsburg’s sporting director Stefan Reuter insisted they wanted to hold on to a player who still has four years of his contract remaining.

Luis titles from atletico indeed mean nothing to Chelsea, but if you think experience dont play big role in success and titles think again.

Torres had tons of top football experience, so did Sheva or Deco. Experience itself doesn't mean anything. Sometimes a young, talented, hungry guy can be better.

Torres had tons of top football experience, so did Sheva or Deco. Experience itself doesn't mean anything. Sometimes a young, talented, hungry guy can be better.

Those are odd examples, because players turnes shit. Deco was decent imo, but got old eventualy. Most sides that win titles have experienced players. It was always like that. From spain (xavi, iniesta, ramos, villa,...), germany (lahm, neuer, schweini, klose,...), barcelona, inter, bayern, atletico,...neither side was build on young players with little experience.

These sides also had young players like Alaba, Neymar, etc...but they have quite a big share of european football too. Baba just had one good season in germany and needs alot of regular play time, CL time to improve. But he wont get it here for some time. Salah, KDB, etc prove that. Only exception is Zouma. Luis on other hand doesnt need time to improve, he comes to game and does his job.

I agree sometimes younger players are more hungry like Hazard when he came from lille etc. And long term, Baba would probably do better than Luis here, but he needs regular play time to show it, which he wont get. And for rotation player, I like Luis alot more.

Those are odd examples, because players turnes shit. Deco was decent imo, but got old eventualy. Most sides that win titles have experienced players. It was always like that. From spain (xavi, iniesta, ramos, villa,...), germany (lahm, neuer, schweini, klose,...), barcelona, inter, bayern, atletico,...neither side was build on young players with little experience.

These sides also had young players like Alaba, Neymar, etc...but they have quite a big share of european football too. Baba just had one good season in germany and needs alot of regular play time, CL time to improve. But he wont get it here for some time. Salah, KDB, etc prove that. Only exception is Zouma. Luis on other hand doesnt need time to improve, he comes to game and does his job.

I agree sometimes younger players are more hungry like Hazard when he came from lille etc. And long term, Baba would probably do better than Luis here, but he needs regular play time to show it, which he wont get. And for rotation player, I like Luis alot more.

Luis doesn't like being a rotation player though. Also, he is turning 30 in a month, he is not getting any better.

Rahman was not sure about chelsea move because of lack of playing time...he saw what happend to his pal Atsu.

Wonder what changed now, but seriously if Mou doesnt have good plan for Baba; it would be waste of his career.

Rahman was not sure about chelsea move because of lack of playing time...he saw what happend to his pal Atsu.

Wonder what changed now, but seriously if Mou doesnt have good plan for Baba; it would be waste of his career.

Really? care to elaborate?

he's going to learn from the best, play on the biggest stage in the best league, if he doesn't make it he goes to another club to kick on his career.

Really? care to elaborate?

he's going to learn from the best, play on the biggest stage in the best league, if he doesn't make it he goes to another club to kick on his career.

Its pretty much simple. I hope Mou plans do use him like Zouma, not like Salah...

KDB saved his career in werder/wolfsburg. Matic in benfica. Salah, Kakuta, Wallace, Atsu,...would probably do better if first joined smaller club than Chelsea, who knows what will happen to Ake, Bamford, Musonda, Boga who are actualy good talents...list goes on forever

He is in years when talent needs to be developed into ability. This happens with manager who trusts in you, regular play time and stable environment, meaning he wont change club every year.

If Mou plans to actualy use him and eventualy play him as first choice, like Zouma, thats great. But if he only wants him to add numbers, play him every two months, send him on loans to championship, vitesse, then thats plain shit for Baba who would grow alot better in club where he would play regular football.

Dont give me crap about being together with Mou, learning from Terry, Iva, etc...that is only positive and usefull if he will actualy play here and gain experience. You only profit under Mou, if he has serious plan for you.

Its pretty much simple. I hope Mou plans do use him like Zouma, not like Salah...

He is in years when talent needs to be developed into ability. This happens with manager who trusts in you, regular play time and stable environment, meaning he wont change club every year.

If Mou plans to actualy use him and eventualy play him as first choice, like Zouma, thats great. But if he only wants him to add numbers, play him every two months, send him on loans to championship, vitesse, then thats plain shit for Baba who would grow alot better in club where he would play regular football.

Dont give me crap about being together with Mou, learning from Terry, Iva, etc...that is only positive and usefull if he will actualy play here and gain experience.

He'll get Luis' minutes if he does well he'll get more. its hardly a waste of a career if he sits on the bench for a year or two.

He'll get Luis' minutes if he does well he'll get more. its hardly a waste of a career if he sits on the bench for a year or two.

Sorry but I dont agree with you. Obviously he cant get guaranteed spot and needs to perform to get more minutes, but question is how much will Mourinho play him. If he will use him like he did Zouma (full games in cups, some CL and PL; lets say 20 games next season), it would be beneficial. But if he will only use him when there will be no other choice, like injuries, suspensions and give him 5 minutes here and there, there is no point for Baba. He will develop like Salah, means he wont develop. Lose confidence etc.

He is 21 now, by age 23 he should be our starter (makes sense with Iva age) if he develops properly and from what I heard about his talent, but if like you said, he sits on bench till then, he wont be happy, his progress will stall, he will get loaned and he will be 25, but all he will be able to show is 2 years on our bench and loan to Vitesse/championship etc.

I dont think him moving here would be mistake, but only if Mou plans to actualy play him like Zouma. You know, plan to give him LB spot in few years, like he plans to use Zouma as our future CB. Not just use him for numbers, thinking if he makes it fine, if not loan him, etc...

We are Chelsea, i mean, if he plays like 1000 minutes, he must be happy. That is a lot for a 21 years player.

If he plays as much as Luis, he should be happy indeed. For now. But I hope if we do sign him, Mou wont play Iva-Azpi every fucking game till they collapse just because he doesnt trust young players, but give Baba some bigger games too like he did do Zouma.

Zouma started 7 PL games, 3 in CL, another 9 from bench and 7 cup games. Nearly 1000min without cup games. That is good deal for young talent.

Salah played little above 90min and another 3 cup games till january, which is pretty shit.

If we're looking for a backup LB, why not just give Ake a chance instead? I really don't understand.

All this Baba talk made me think we were signing Celestine Babayaro back. :ph34r:

All this Baba talk reminds me that I should call my dad! :lol:

The media in Israel reports that Jose called avram grant (manager of Ghana today) to ask him what he thinks about the player.

If Jose taking advice from Avram Grant I think I'll stop watching football and take up golf instead...