Best moment of the season so far?

BlueLion.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The academy day"

On a serious note I don't think we have had any standout moment so far.

Serious question: Do you, each time we score a goal boo and shout at your TV: "Why bother? We're going to lose this match and won't win anything this season anyway!"?

"The academy day"

Liverpool away from 1-0 down....

Everton away 6-3....

Schalke away 5-0....

I can't believe you cannot pull a stand out moment from our season so far..

Liverpool away from 1-0 down....

Everton away 6-3....

Schalke away 5-0....

I can't believe you cannot pull a stand out moment from our season so far..

There's a difference between performances/result and moments. Your examples fall into the former

Do you want an example of moments? Ba's winner against PSG, Gerrard's slip, Jose's celebrations at anfield after Willian's goal etc etc from last season those are moments and we haven't produced any so far this season, not by my definition anyway. Jose and Wenger's fight is probably the only closest thing to a "moment" we have had so far.

Now if the question had been best performance so far this season. . . . . . . . .

Serious question: Do you, each time we score a goal boo and shout at your TV: "Why bother? We're going to lose this match and won't win anything this season anyway!"?

Just trying his best to become the most controversial poster on TC.....when awards time comes around again!!

I heard when Costa scored his second against Everton he turned the TV off because it was boring and too many goals.

I kinda agree with lionsden on this one.

Too early for this.

I did liked the Everton game and schurrle goal against Burnley but they are not decisive games that brings the excitement and joy up a notch.

Like Ba late equalizer against psg last season and mourinho running to the by line...Funny that I did the same running all around my house. ?

Too early for this.

I did liked the Everton game and schurrle goal against Burnley but they are not decisive games that brings the excitement and joy up a notch.

Like Ba late equalizer against psg last season and mourinho running to the by line...Funny that I did the same running all around my house.

Finally someone who gets it.

Moments are singular event that standouts, some can be very iconic even and is usually highetened by the importance and context of the occassion. It's impossible for a whole game/performance to be a moment. it defeats the purpose and the very definition of moment.

When we announced we were signing Diego Costa. Ok its not exactly a 'moment' in the same way Mikel's backheel is or his goal against Arsenal is but the guy has been a brilliant signing, winding everyone up, playing for the cause and ultimately looking like he doesn't give a fuck who it is he's squaring up to. When was the last time we had that in a player???

This is a dumb question and unfortunately I don't answer stupid and incoherent questions.

That's my mental image of you. Every time I read one of your posts, especially this season when we are winning almost all games, I imagine you booing the TV every time we score...No offence, but I think you're trying too hard to be the "realistic" guy that you now sound deludedly pessimistic.

Finally someone who gets it.

Moments are singular event that standouts, some can be very iconic even and is usually highetened by the importance and context of the occassion. It's impossible for a whole game/performance to be a moment. it defeats the purpose and the very definition of moment.

I understand what you mean. I think it's too early in the season to have those special moments though because nothing of importance is actually being decided yet. But I think there are a few nice moments so far. For me they are :

1. Torres leaving. :D

2. 2nd goal at Burnley. From being 1-0 down to 2-1 up in such a short span of time with a sublime assist from our new signing and amazing team play. I really liked that. I'm not sure about what other people feel but I think opposition fans might have felt a bit of fear watching us turn the tide so effortlessly and quickly.

3. When Hazard forced an OG from Coleman vs Everton and Costa proceeded to taunt him. Loved that moment. Finally we had someone fearless upfront who takes no shit. Couldn't give a rat's ass about other's opinion of him as long as we win.

That's my mental image of you. Every time I read one of your posts, especially this season when we are winning almost all games, I imagine you booing the TV every time we score...No offence, but I think you're trying too hard to be the "realistic" guy that you now sound deludedly pessimistic.

You have a brain? that's news to me

"The academy day"

:carlo:

Too early for this.

Like Ba late equalizer against psg last season and mourinho running to the by line...Funny that I did the same running all around my house.

That's why it says in the title "so far". Truly, people on this forum couldn't be more pedantic if they tried :lol:

Well noteworthy Moments are usually born out of big occassions which comes at the business end of the season when games matter more like champions league semis and finals, crucial big games and title deciders etc.

Looking back in May we might well end up identifying some of the games and events we've selected in this thread ;)

ok, there is a new number one

Remy making the sprint to chase a hopeless ball, causing some Derby player to grap him slightly and the referee sending him off

making it easier for evil Chelsea to beat sweet innocent Derby and pissing everyone off in the country

get in Remy ya beauty