E3 2012

E3-logo1.png

It was a surprisingly good E3 this year. Wasn't expecting much this year but we saw some great games. Sorry to say to Xbox fans but I think Microsoft's press conference was just horrible. They really don't realise that they don't have enough exclusives and keep focusing on sports/dance games for the Kinect...

Anyway a break down of the best games of the show:

The Last of Us (PS3 Exclusive):

Looks really promising. It is made by Naughty Dog, the developers of the Amazing Uncharted franchise so I'm sure it'll be great. It seems to be in the same cinematic style of Uncharted as well which can only be a good thing

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3 Exclusive):

Looks like a mysterious story driven game much like Heavy Rain. The main character's face and voice is that of Actress Ellen Page (Most notably from Juno). I like innovative games like these and I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Watch Dogs (Multi-Platform):

Undoubtedly the best game of the show, mainly due to its' surprise factor. No-one had heard of this game before the show (unlike all the other games) so it was a refeshing surprise. It looked really interesting and sophisticated. It reminds me of the Movie Eagle Eye in some ways. Graphics looked fantastic as well.

There were other great and decent games at the show like

God of War: Ascension, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance, Dead Space 3, Lost Planet 3, NFS Most Wanted, Forza Horizon, Resident Evil 6, Devil May Cry 6, Black Ops 2 and various other games

What caught your eye and which games will you be buying? This is a surpsingly good gaming year and one thing is for sure, I'll be playing alot of them and may be broke this time next year :P

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate how they release previews for games. I wish everyone was more like Valve. It will be released when it's released.

You forgot to mention that the girl from The Last of Us also looks like Ellen Page.

Also, I hate the existence of Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance. METAL GEAR IS OVER.

I hate how they release previews for games. I wish everyone was more like Valve. It will be released when it's released.

You forgot to mention that the girl from The Last of Us also looks like Ellen Page.

Also, I hate the existence of Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance. METAL GEAR IS OVER.

Well I was never too big on MGS and the whole Stealth aspect so Revengeance looks good to me :)

Well I was never too big on MGS and the whole Stealth aspect so Revengeance looks good to me :)

The MGS series is my holy grail. The fact that Revengeance exists after everything was tied up after Guns of The Patriots offends my inner nerd.

Fuck, I hate Raiden so much. He ruined everything...everything.

The MGS series is my holy grail. The fact that Revengeance exists after everything was tied up after Guns of The Patriots offends my inner nerd.

Fuck, I hate Raiden so much. He ruined everything...everything.

I can see where your coming from and if I were a MGS fan I'm sure I would be angry as well, but seeing as how I'm not a fan of previous MGS games I'll give Revengeance a chance.

I can see where your coming from and if I were a MGS fan I'm sure I would be angry as well, but seeing as how I'm not a fan of previous MGS games I'll give Revengeance a chance.

Also, I don't think it has much influence from Hideo Kojima. The series is his brainchild and without him it is nothing/

Hideo can redeem himself with a new Zone of the Enders game. :D

The series has been raped beyond belief, so it's no surprise really.

I really liked the Last of Us but shame it won't be released for PC...

Watch Dogs caught my attention, it looks really unique.

Tomb Raider. Looks promising, though it seems a bit extreme to me...

I liked Far Cry and it's good to see it back.

NFS Most Wanted also surprised me, I really liked the original game and with Underground it was my favorite NFS game.