• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the lampard one is superior to the rest imo.

No offence intended here, Steve, but honestly, I'd say the Lampard one's possibly the 'worst' (if there is a bad one!) of the bunch. I like the newest Malouda one, and the new manipulation signatures you've uploaded. I particularly like v1 you did up there, though I think the black border is too thick, making it a little harsh. Other than that, it's fantastic. Keep up the great work, buddy.

No offence intended here, Steve, but honestly, I'd say the Lampard one's possibly the 'worst' (if there is a bad one!) of the bunch. I like the newest Malouda one, and the new manipulation signatures you've uploaded. I particularly like v1 you did up there, though I think the black border is too thick, making it a little harsh. Other than that, it's fantastic. Keep up the great work, buddy.

The others are generic and boring, the lamaprd one is by no means perfect but at least he's attempted to create something different.

I used to make graphics back in the day, yet from viewing your work it seems all you do is basic stuff anyone with photoshop could do (no offence).

The others are generic and boring, the lamaprd one is by no means perfect but at least he's attempted to create something different.

I used to make graphics back in the day, yet from viewing your work it seems all you do is basic stuff anyone with photoshop could do (no offence).

None taken. But, sometimes, I do feel as though people do attempt too much, overdoing the layers, textures and lighting effects within signatures. Excessive textures is something, I, myself, am not a massive fan of. Others are though, and it's just down to a matter of personal preference and opinion.

If you want me to constructively criticise the piece, and explain why I think it's not the best of the bunch, then I shall do so...

Although the black and white designed texture in the signature, which you seem to like, is something different, it is a little too harsh for my liking. Rather than be the main background for the piece, I'd suggest it to be used at a lower opacity on a different setting to, perhaps, overly another texture that could be placed underneath. The black and white colours also seem to clash with the border; and the border is something I deem to finish a piece off- something that is often disregarded or seen as unimportant, when in fact, it can be the changing factor in a signature or a graphic. The render itself seems a bit plain, and the yellow of Lampard's kit, though it makes the render the centre piece, draws too much attention to player. A few lighting effects and blending in the background would suffice, but obviously, the background would also need altering slightly; harmonising colours could be added in to help blend the render in slightly more than it currently is. The placement, and font face, of the text could also do with being tweaked; though as I've previously said, the text is really hard to 'get right'.

I could go on, in detail, to explain why I think the other attempts Steve has done so far are better than the Lampard sig, but I feel as though I've spoken too much already. Hope you don't take offence to this, Steve. It's all said with a good spirit.

Edited by Essien