Pablo Hernandez

SeanO

Chelsea are weighing up an £18million bid for Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez.

The Spaniard has been one of the top performers in La Liga this season and has four years left on his contract at the Mestalla.

Chelsea's Spanish scout Juan Cruz Sol has watched the player work his way into the plans of Spain coach Vicente del Bosque for this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

And he has given glowing reports to the Blues' director of football Frank Arnesen.

Hernandez, 25, has a release clause of around £45m but Valencia's desperate financial plight has made this irrelevant as they face up to losing stars like David Villa, David Silva and Juan Mata this summer to service debts of around £300m.

Chelsea have made their interest in the player known to his representative Mario Parri.

He said: "Pablo has had such a sensational year. There is talking to be done at the end of the season and while there has been interest from many clubs, Valencia have received no formal offers yet."

Chelsea are looking to reduce the average age of their squad, which has been as high as 29 in the Champions League, while manager Carlo Ancelotti wants competition on the right for the likes of Deco and Michael Ballack.

Hernandez has two caps for Spain and was in their squad for the Confederations Cup last summer.

Newcastle were also looking at the winger but decided he is out of their reach financially.

I don't know much about him but I thought i'd post this, has any one seen much of him? I would go on youtube and have a look but youtube can make any footballer look like a god.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we buy anything from Valencia I would buy Silva or/and Banega. Both are very young and very promising ... but we have the left side covered with Malouda, Kakuta and Zhirkov. In the midfield we need some new faces because Deco, Belletti and Ballack are leaving and that leaves us with only Lamps, Essien and Mikel and no back up except Matič (who I don't trust just yet).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You