Cardiff – Opposition Views

James

Cardiff in the Cup tomorrow, we talk to Steve Davies-Evans before the game.

How long have you Supported Cardiff City for?
Been supporting Cardiff for almost 20 years (christ that makes me sound old although Im just 27). First game was a 2-0 home win against Colchester 19 years ago with Carl Dale and Nathan Blake getting the goals that day!

What are your expectations for Cardiff for the remainder of the season?
With all the monie problems surrounding the club at the moment, it’s hard to really pick an acceptable target for us. We’re in 4th spot as it stands and are going well but I worry that due to us not having the funds to bring in even loan players, injuries and suspensions could take a real toll on the team so if we can crawl over the playoff line, I’ll be delighted.

Do you Believe Cardiff can get promoted to the Premiere League this season?
It’s doubtful due to the money but if we can get into the playoffs then anything can happen. It’s a two-legged affair so if we can keep it tight away, we are always formidable at home. If we get into the final…it’s a lottery so it’s anyones game there but you have to have faith that we can do it.

Which Cardiff players should we look out for?
Well it’s been well documented that Michael Chopra has continued to be a great striker this season getting 14 goals again so far and he will always pose a threat for any defender as he tends to play right on the shoulder of the last man and has caught out many defences trying to play him offside this year. Peter Whittingham is in the form of his career getting 13 goals himself and is very dangerous from set pieces and penalties. Jay Bothroyd is our target man but is currently rated 50/50 for the clash and although he may not have a big goal threat, he causes big problems with his height and always brings the best out of Michael Chopra.

Your Favorite Chelsea Player?
Well…..I think despite what has gone on recently – John Terry is a rock at the heart of the Chelsea defence and it will be a huge bonus if he misses the clash. I think that Drogba is pure class and if plays….will be huge test for Anthony Gerrard.

What do you think about Chelsea’s chances of winning the title?
I think it’s Chelseas title to lose. I dont think you can ever rule out Man Utd and they are bound to come back strong but I think that as Chelsea got through the “African Cup” period pretty un-scathed…they should have what it takes to close out the rest of the season now.

Finally, your prediction for our FA Cup tie this weekend?
Well I’d love to say that Cardiff are going to go to the bridge with our merry army of Bluebirds and cause what would be a huge upset but knowing our defending this season…..it could be a cricket score! We lost 5-1 away to Newcastle a week ago and although they are a good team, Chelsea are in a different class to them so I’m slightly worried. Maybe we’ll rise to the occasion but due to injuries etc, I’m fearful of watching and might have to watch it through the gaps in my fingers.

Related posts:

1. Everton – Opposition Views
  2. Cardiff In The Cup
  3. Birmingham – Opposition Views
TalkChelsea?d=yIl2AUoC8zA TalkChelsea?d=qj6IDK7rITs TalkChelsea?i=P2Ncia7THTo:xx-BfSnpqBI:V_
P2Ncia7THTo

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic