Everton – Opposition Views

James

We Catch up with Everton fan Liam Lackey ahead of tonights clash.

What are your expectations for Everton this season?
Pretty much a dead season due to us being way off the running for a top four spot and now out of our most realistic aim for a trophy (the FA Cup). That being said, we are on good form and are getting many key players back now (mainly Arteta and Jagielka to come) so hopefully we can push on in the Europa League and potentially cause a few upsets in that. Domestically I think top seven is our most realistic aim which could lead to another season in Europe for us if things go our way in domestic competitions.

Which Everton players should we look out for?
Before Saturday I would have said Fellaini and Pienaar who are both playing absolutely exceptional, especially Fellaini but due to both of them being out I’d have to say Saha. He has been a little goal shy of late but the lad is an unbelievable player who is packed with moments of brilliance, a bit like your main man, Drogba. If he is at it he is a test for any defence in the league so he is our main threat I’d say. Also I’d say Heitinga who is in fine form and has been since moving to centre half, made it his own and when Jagielka returns it’ll once again be the extremely solid defence we build our whole side around, I hope.

Do you have any memories of playing Chelsea in the past?
Bad ones yes. FA Cup final in particular last season was a killer. Brilliant day out for us though and taking the lead in the first minute was unbelievable – shame we couldn’t see it through. Also have a few others, I remember you coming here and winning 1-0 with a Mutu handball which again was a killer. I remember going to your place when we should have won, denied a Beattie goal in the last minute which would have given us a 2-1 victory and of course how could I forget Cahills overhead kick at the Bridge last season? Tremendous. Plus our 3-3 encounter this season at your place & that classic when Drogba scored from about 35 yards out to give you lot a 3-2 victory.

What Chelsea player do you fear the most?
Has to be Drogba doesn’t it? He is unstoppable and in the form of his career. Heitinga, for me is up against his biggest test to date in the form Drogba is in so it’ll be difficult for us to stop him. On top of that you could name Anelka, Lampard, Ballack, Cole, Malouda etc the list in endless, but Drogba stands out.

Your opinion of Chelsea?
Very good side who even in first gear are good enough to knock away half of the league we’re in. Class all over the field and simply never look like losing form unlike their main domestic rivals (Arsenal and Man United). I fully expect Chelsea, this season to go on and win the league and FA Cup and who knows if Drogba can stay fit and on form lift the main one for all Chelsea fans, the European Cup.

Your prediciton for the game?
We’re on good form but I don’t expect much. I think Chelsea will come here and roll us over as per usual at Goodison. I don’t think yous will have to play your best to get a result with us missing a lot of creativity in Pienaar and a lot of steel within midfield in Fellaini but it won’t be an easy game. I think it’ll be 0-2, with an early goal and despite it being a tight encounter – you lot finishing us off late on.

Related posts:

1. Arsenal – Opposition Views
  2. Preston – Opposition Views
  3. Burnley – Opposition Views
TalkChelsea?d=yIl2AUoC8zA TalkChelsea?d=qj6IDK7rITs TalkChelsea?i=9doWBTjnWyk:O1Iu8xS9T_o:V_
9doWBTjnWyk

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic