Arsenal – Opposition Views

James

We catch up with Guy Keen aka OzGoonerGuy ahead of our clash with Arsenal tomorrow.

What are your expectations for the remainder of the season for both sides?
Expectations (or more high hopes): after our win on Sunday, Arsenal and Chelsea will be going neck and neck for the league title for the remainder of the season. Rooney will injure a knee in the next couple of weeks, so United will be stuffed. Arsenal will clinch it with a week to spare.

With your lack of strikers atm who do you think will lead your attack?
I really hope Bendtner is given the chance to lead up front. He has loads of potential and I’d really like to see him step to the next level. With van Persie crocked, Arshavin has done a mighty job playing out of position and with injuries. But that’s not where we want to use him. Eduardo has taken some time to return to his best and Vela is still a work in progress. So I think Bendtner should get his chance and I expect he would grab it with both hands.
Many fans are unhappy that the boss didn’t buy a striker in the transfer window. His reasoning was because none of the available options stacked up better than Bendtner when he’s fit. So we’ll see if he gets his chance.

Do you have any memories of playing Chelsea in the past?
Well there’s the horrible year of 1999. Chelsea suffered at the hands (or feet) of Kanu’s hat-trick and must have been gutted. But that was exactly how Arsenal fans felt watching Ryan Giggs waltz through our defence in the FA Cup semi. And the slashing shot for goal is still a dagger through the heart even today.
But Chelsea games are derbies, they’re always intense, and I expect Sunday will be no difference. To be honest, our boys need to really stand up and fight. You scored 3 against us at home this season, and United repeated the dose last weekend. Some of our guys give 110% every time, but there were some passengers last weekend, and Chelsea will punish us badly if anyone is not on their game on Sunday.

Your opinion on the John Terry saga and whether you think he should of lost the English captaincy?
You make your bed, you lie in it. Some people also say you wet your bed , you lie in it. Depends on how severely you rate his behaviour. I don’t think it’s appropriate he stays as England captain. Not because his actions can be directly related to his responsibilities in that role. That’s a never-ending argument. But I think if he remained, it would be a constant talking point through the World Cup and only be detrimental to his and the England team’s performance. If you look back at William Gallas last season, he messed up, but through his strength of character, actually came out a better player after he lost the Arsenal captaincy. I think a similar logic might apply to Terry here.

Your Favourite Chelsea player?
Gianluca Vialli. Currently, not Ashley Cole.

Your prediction for the game?
2-1 to Arsenal. Maybe that’s more of a wish. But we need to win, and ultimately any win will do.

Related posts:

1. Birmingham – Opposition Views
  2. Preston – Opposition Views
  3. Burnley – Opposition Views
TalkChelsea?d=yIl2AUoC8zA TalkChelsea?d=qj6IDK7rITs TalkChelsea?i=cpJAcEPlKeY:b8cVcl1L3Ls:V_
cpJAcEPlKeY

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days