Forest Youth 0-0 Chelsea Youth

James

Chelsea TV showed us lining up like this

………………………………….Walker…………………………………

B.Clifford………….Pappoe………….Bruma…….Deen-Conteh

……………………..Djalo……………….C.Clifford…………………..

……………………………….McEachran………………………………

Sala……………………………Mitrovic………………………….Tore

For me though i don’t think Kaby was playing holding with Clifford he was a bit more box to box. Sala was moved onto the wing where he has played a lot of his football and he did OK but when he was moved into central midfield in the second half he became a big influence on the game and will certainly give Drummy something to think about where to play him.

The team worked very hard in this game, they closed down high up the pitch and all over and put the Forest boys under a lot of pressure. To say that it was one way traffic for most of the match is no understatement. The passed the ball well and in Gokhan Tore we had someone who just constantly ripped them apart, their right back must have wondered what hit him as he walked off the park, Tore was sensational. Having Bruma available for this match was a big plus and he looks ridiculously good at this level, a massive class apart anyone else. Unfortunately he had to go off at half time as a precaution.

Josh McEachran who has earned so much praise over the last season and a half has been anonymous in the 2 FA Youth cup games and his form hasn’t been too much better in the reserves. Given the performances of the rest of the lads and the ones who came on i would seriously consider not playing him in the next cup game, he offered nothing for us and the game passed him by. Its a shame because he has a lot of talent. But Djalo did himelf a lot of justice, he worked so hard and for a flair player that is something a little unusual. He was comfortable on the ball and pulled off plenty of tricks. Mitrovic done well with his 2 goals, he worked very hard and hopefully that will give him a lot of confidence because that i think is something he needed.

Video

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Player Reviews

Sam Walker – The game virtually passed him by, had very little to do. Looked a little shakey on a couple of crosses but his shot stopping was fine and he did well overall. 6

Billy Clifford – Have to say not the greatest of games from Billy, he is a talented lad but he looked a little suspect to me in defensive situations. Gets forward well though and has good passing in him. 6

Aziz Deen-Conteh – Earned his place back in the starting line up ahead of Billy Knott due to his excellent outing last time around. He had another good game this time, 2nd half he moved to centre back alongside Pappoe and was not out of his depth. Another solid performance. 7

Daniel Pappoe – The big lad continues to impress. A couple of times almost got caught out overdoing it, but for a 16 year old he is doing very very well for himself. He got the first goal which was a terriffic header ahead of the keeper, he is very dangerous in those positions. A top prospect. 7

Jeffrey Bruma – A first team squad member and it showed. Bruma looked world class compared to the rest of the lads on the pitch, and he is top class. Went off at half time as a precaution which was a shame but it didn’t matter in the end. 8

Connor Clifford – Much improved from the last youth cup game and more like the form we have seen in the reserves. He dominated the midfield and he is a strong lad with absolutely the right attitude. His goal was something special and a serious contender for goal of the season, he for me got the best of last season also so he is continuing to get those top drawer goals. 8

Aliu Djalo – Was very pleased to see Kaby included in this game, when he came on in the last round he did excellent. Again he put in a great performance, he works very hard indeed and he is able to pull something out of nothing when needed too but he doesn’t overdo it. His improvement is great. 7

Josh McEachran – As i have already said a poor performance from him. I am not sure what the problem is but he just cannot get himself in the game. A player of Josh’s ability he should be dictating play but he just isn’t. We need a big improvement from him. 5

Jacopo Sala – Started out on the wing but in the second half he moved to the central midfield and he was much much better there, he was causing all sorts of problems and getting into some fantastic positions. The only problem was that he could not shoot for s**t, shooting practice for sala is a must. 7

Gokhan Tore – A perfect performance from Tore, he was unselfish and his crosses was sensational. His physical build makes him like a bulldozer down the wing his quick feet and skills makes him a tough player to play against and that proved last night. He deserved a goal but it didn’t come for him which was a shame, but it was great to finally see what Gokhan Tore can really do. 9

Marko Mitrovic – Good game from Mitrovic, he held the ball up well when he needed to and he got himself 2 goals. He looked to have some more confidence back in him and it helped. He is looking a very good striker able to play the lone role well. 8

Billy Knott – Came on at half time and did really well, linked up well with Tore down the left and was solid in defence. A very good performance and i would think more than enough to earn a start in the next game i am sure, he looked top class. 7

Milan Lalkovic – Needed to make an impression when he came on after being dropped from the last game and he did just that. One excellent run and shot that hit the bar and a supberb cross for Mitrovic’s second. Another who has given Drummy something to think about. 7

No related posts.

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic