Transfers In

I am a new poster but have been on the board for about 6 months now. I know we were all longing for that marquee signing in the off-season but even though we didn't get it, I felt like the team still did a very good job over the summer. Signings like Sturridge and Turnbull and Zhirkov all help us get younger while not sacrificing the great team chemistry we had at the end of last year. I, for one, have high expectations for this season.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a new poster but have been on the board for about 6 months now. I know we were all longing for that marquee signing in the off-season but even though we didn't get it, I felt like the team still did a very good job over the summer. Signings like Sturridge and Turnbull and Zhirkov all help us get younger while not sacrificing the great team chemistry we had at the end of last year. I, for one, have high expectations for this season.

We do have a squad right now capable of going on and winning cups this season. I do think the club are still looking for 1 or 2 more signings to just up the quality of the squad that little bit more. We do however at the moment have a vrey large squad, one that will still be timmed i am sure, i do think there is a lot for us to look forward to this season.

The rest of pre season is going to be a very good indicator for us and for Carlo as to what we can expect and if the squad does need some improvement still.

Like i said in a diff post I think one more striker is required.. I think Sheva and Pizzaro will (and should) be cleared out and with Drogba in the ANC in jan/feb we need a player to lead the line like Drogba can as Anelka just doesnt seem to lead the attack and give defenders hell like Drogba does.. Even tho he is quality and chips in with plenty of goals I think he can go missing and doesnt lead the attack well..

Imo not having a striker with the same quality AND leadership skills like Drogba has cost us the last couple of years when Drogba has been out!!!

I just dont understand why we were never in for strikers like Torres, Berbatov(I still think he could come good) or even Benzema!! I think Abramovic is probably scared of spendin big money again cos of how Shava backfired.. I'd love to see Ageuro come to the Bridge, but not for over the odds money if thats possible nowadays!!

Agreed. Whereas at Arsenal and Manchester United they've lost keys players in Adebayor and Ronaldo, and at City where so many new players have arrived, us and Liverpool have maintained our squad chemistry and therefore the players all know each other, resulting in the team being at ease with one another and being confident.

I couldnt agree with you more, I still think there is a lot of time left though to still make more signings, plus im quite sure a handfull of players will leave as well. But as it stands we are in such good shape already, if Liverpool lose one or two of their midfielders we would have to fancy our chances this season.