WBA heavy weight match

True_Blue

Valuev Holyfield Official

WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev will return to the ring on December 20 when he faces living legend Evander Holyfield in Zurich. The Russian Giant, the biggest and tallest champion in the history of boxing, is confident of success against the man who at the age of 46 will try to become the oldest heavyweight titlist of all time. “Holyfield was a great champion,” Valuev stated. “He is very experienced but I have no doubts that I will beat him. I take this fight very seriously..”

Valuev is looking forward to returning to Switzerland after clinching a third-round TKO victory over Jameel McCline in Basle in January 2007. “I only have the best of memories of Switzerland and I am happy to fight there again,” he added. The clash will take place in Zurich´s famous Hallenstadion where Muhammad Ali stopped German heavyweight Jurgen Blin in the seventh round of their meeting in 1971.

Wilfried Sauerland is thrilled to present what will be yet another historic fight. “Evander Holyfield is a boxing legend,” he stated. “It is great that we managed to bring him over to Europe.” And Sauerland Event managing director Chris Meyer added: “We are proud to stage this fight in December. Evander Holyfield will undergo a medical check-up and we will now submit the contracts and application to the WBA requesting approval for the world title fight.”

Four-time heavyweight champion Holyfield boasts a record of 42-9 with 27 KOs, while Valuev is 49-1 (34 KOs).

source:www.eastsideboxing.com

I watched Holyfield when i was a kid and i think he is too old and that Valuev will crush him.

The match is on Saturday 22:30 pm

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic