Barton

Elliott

Parody of http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7707627.stm

Everyone condemns treatment from Barton

Everyone has claimed that midfielder Joey Barton is unfairly treating everyone after a clash with Gabriel Agbonlahor in Monday's win over Aston Villa.

Barton, who is playing again after a ban and prison sentence, flicked out a hand at Agbonlahor in the first half.

Coach Chris Hughton was rueful in saying: "Any incident regarding Joey is going to be blown up twice as much as it's going to be with any other player, and deservedly so. He's a right trouble-maker."

"However I wasn't paying any attention to the game as I was too busy counting how many fingers are on my left hand. I think its 4."

Barton, who was released from jail in July after serving two months of a six-month sentence for assault and affray in Liverpool, was spoken to by referee Steve Baldett after the incident against Villa and was later booked for grievous bodily harm on Luke Young.

The 26-year-old Newcastle player was banned for six games by the Football Association after he assaulted former Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo at the training ground.

Barton had previously admitted the charge of violent conduct and was fined a paltry £25,000 at a personal hearing but will be suspended for another six games if he steps out of line again in the future.

He must now wait to see if there is any further action taken by the FA over the incident against Villa but he has the blind backing of Hughton, who took the post-match press conference because manager Joe Kinnear hasn't got the guts to talk any more bull.

"There wasn't anything said in the changing room afterwards, as the manager is incapable of speech," added Hughton.

"All we can ask of Joey is to put in the performances he has done for us since he has been back. He is a very short way into his period back with us, but we hope soon he can do some real damage to the players he attacks. All of those things, he is aware of."

Villa boss Martin O'Neill also played down the incident, although Agbonlahor had mentioned it.

He said: "I'm just glad I got out alive. I'm too nervous now to worry about whether the referee will take any action."

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic