Chelsea have set the stage for a new striker to arrive in January – Opinion

James

Maurizio SarriChelsea could be in the market for a striker in the January window. The number 9 shirt is available, and Tammy Abraham could be loaned. READ MORE: Abraham ‘closing in on loan move to Aston Villa’ Could Chelsea be in the market for a new centre-forward in the January transfer window? We believe there’s a […]

View the full article

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who?

If Mo is sacked by Manure and ZZ comes in, he will not sell Martial, and I imagine Martial will not want to leave. If Mo isn't sacked, I still cannot see them selling Martial unless there is a massive blow-up (fingers crossed, BUT they will want to sell him to a non EPL team)

Lazio will never sell Immobile mid season, if at all.

I cannot see RB Leipzig selling Werner mid season, and he has stated now he wants to go to Bayern soon

That leaves one true, under 30yo high quality option

Andrea Belotti, who did just score a brace v. Cosenza (Serie B side) in the Coppa Italia 13 days ago.

after those its either sign a ageing 30 plus year old (Lewa is by far best option, BUT ZERO chance Bayern sell him)

or (repost from another reply of mine, with an update)

'glimmer of hope' young or younger (last 2 are 26) strikers, but holy fuck do they need to step up to the next level to be worthy (as of now, all these would be simply back-ups, and a huge step down from all above, with possible exception of Lautaro Martínez)

Most of these clubs will not sell mid season

Patrick Cutrone  <<<<<<<<<<<< I will no longer count him as possible,

Patrick Cutrone signs new AC Milan contract
Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/patrick-cutrone-signs-new-ac-milan-contract-4244994#MsjQrHrdYr6PII8u.99

Lautaro Martínez (Inter will never never NEVER sell him in January)

Jean-Kévin Augustin

Santi Mina

Patrik Schick

Giovanni Simeone

Davie Selke

Mariano Díaz (21 goals, 7 assists for Lyon last year)

Lucas Alario

Willian José