Wigan Vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they necessarilly failed to perform, they were marked out of the game superbly by Wigan. Steve Bruce's tactics were spot on and we were very fortunate to get the result. However, winning when we don't perform is a nice habit to have - when you play attacking football there are going to be games where you are frustrated by effective defending. Look at Arsenal - they can tear teams apart but some games they fail to create chances. In Deco we had that little spark of quality that earned us a win, and makes me feel confident we will go on and claim the Premier League crown.

Now, for Pompey to do us a favour against United this evening :)

And the TC Match Report - http://www.talkchelsea.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2482

Edited by BlueLion

What people fail to notice that last week we had a midweek international. And teams like us have almost all their players out on Intenational duties and they get only 2-3 days to prepare for the weekend game. And specially if the game is away, its always going to be very tuff.

Jose never liked the midweek internationals for the same reason.

I am glad we got 3 points away from home. Next week normal services will resume and we shall romp the spurs 4-0. :blue scalf: