Scolari giving youth a chance!

When Luiz Fellipe Scolari was presented as Chelsea manager to the press he said that he plans to give the young players at Chelsea every chance of playing first team football. This will be helped to make possible by the new 7 sub rule. Since that day Scolari has lived up to his word. From day 1 of Pre Season and all the way up to now he has had both Franco Di Santo and Michael Mancienne training with him, and no doubt will be going on the pre season tour for further assesment.

He also plans to have one of his assistants in regular contact with the reserves and youth to see who is worth giving chances to, this was again shown by him attending the Reserves first friendly game of the season against Aldershot. Obviously that visit paid for a few of the young stars of that game and Miroslav Stoch, Gael Kakuta and Sergio Tejera all yesterday trained with the first team and had their chance to impress.

All of this is very very good news for those who follow the younger players of the club and want to see us bring through our own talents. Hopefully Scolari can keep this up and give the young talents at his disposal chances to represent the first team.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

how about jimmy smith???

will Chelsea sell him??? :mellow:

Also how about jack cork , Michael Mancienne ,Sam Hutchinson ...... ??? :wacko:

Jimmy Smith is on loan for 6 months and Sheffield Wednesday, he needs a EXTREMELY good season if he is to have any chance of forcing his way into a first team chance, i would say it is unlikely that Smith will make it with us.

Jack Cork i am sure will go out on loan again this season, he is with England U19's at the moment. It is possible he may be kept at Chelsea for some chances but i would have thought a loan will be more likely.

Mancienne is training with the first team as i said, it looks like he will be with the first team all season if he impresses enough, which i am sure he will.

Sam Hutchinson has had a very very long injury lay off, close to being fit i beleive but will go out on loan once he is fit.