my new chelsea scooter

oxfordblues

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

You and your Vespas ;)

Lovely shade of blue tho bruv and really nice looking seat.

Whats the details?

Got mine repainted and bit of a tuneup begining of the year

My%20Scoot.jpg

its a new vespa GTS 300 mate with ABS braking and tracking control.its quality,will be riding down to the IOW scooter rally on 26th.is that a TV 200 u got there.

Had a couple of rides on the 300. Nippy for a stock scoot.

Its  a  '66 SX 200 Special but its a 250. Did a engine  tuneup plus had electric start added with new paintjob this last winter and just got a Bambini sidecar I'm getting sorted out. This weathers made for driving round North London with the baggy shorts and old Blues shirt on lol I was planning to go to IOW with some lads from Peterborough on the thursday. Was going to do a spot or 2 over the weekend but couldn't be asked with all the bloody rows about what order Djs are on etc. Too many egos on these things.  But Hipshaker are doing some good dos in Ryde should be a craic. Lets hope the sun stays out eh.

47 minutes ago, Kezza said:

My royal blue beast

Scooter riders = the most insane riders on 2 wheels!

20160724_113925-min.jpg

Riding 2 wheels isn't just about transport tho is it?  Theres the feelings and emotions etc that go with it. Now if I want to get from A to B fast then I'd go by bike. And it gives me that rush to go crazy fast. But riding a Lambretta (yeah OK OxfordBlues and Vespa ;) ) is about style. Its great just scooting about round town on yer own jist taking the day in  or going on a run amongst a big group of mates lates at night.

But must admit to having some insane times too. Wrote one off riding down the beach in Skeggy and thought it be a good idea to drive into the sea. Definitly under the wrong mood enhancers that night!

26 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Riding 2 wheels isn't just about transport tho is it?  Theres the feelings and emotions etc that go with it. Now if I want to get from A to B fast then I'd go by bike. And it gives me that rush to go crazy fast. But riding a Lambretta (yeah OK OxfordBlues and Vespa ;) ) is about style. Its great just scooting about round town on yer own jist taking the day in  or going on a run amongst a big group of mates lates at night

Totally, 110% agree..however, the lack of license and training (well in NZ anyway) that is required to ride a scooter leads to complete muppets riding them. Everyday to and from work I see them take the most unnecessary risks. They're small and adjile leading to lane splitting/filtering in questionable circumstances, undertaking etc.

I find it hilarious when people take style more seriously than safety, I'm talking your average guy or girl cruising to work on their scooter and all she's wearing is her work suit with a skirt, high heels and the only form of protection is her $30 helmet..but she looks good!! Wonder how she would look with a half her suit ripped in tatters and a body full of road rash..Think of it this way, if i asked her would she jump out of a car doing 30mph wearing what shes wearing while on her commute? her answer would most definitely be no! 

I probably sound like an AGATT nazi, I'm not, i understand the freedom, I do however wear (as do (90% of motorcyclists compared to about 10% scooterists) textile jacket, pants, gloves (and helmet obviously).

Sorry, I've totally taken this thread out of proportion..Just venting my frustration towards scooter riders (some have their heads screwed on, others are just complete tossers with complete self entitlement) 

23 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Totally, 110% agree..however, the lack of license and training (well in NZ anyway) that is required to ride a scooter leads to complete muppets riding them. Everyday to and from work I see them take the most unnecessary risks. They're small and adjile leading to lane splitting/filtering in questionable circumstances, undertaking etc.

I find it hilarious when people take style more seriously than safety, I'm talking your average guy or girl cruising to work on their scooter and all she's wearing is her work suit with a skirt, high heels and the only form of protection is her $30 helmet..but she looks good!! Wonder how she would look with a half her suit ripped in tatters and a body full of road rash..Think of it this way, if i asked her would she jump out of a car doing 30mph wearing what shes wearing while on her commute? her answer would most definitely be no! 

I probably sound like an AGATT nazi, I'm not, i understand the freedom, I do however wear (as do (90% of motorcyclists compared to about 10% scooterists) textile jacket, pants, gloves (and helmet obviously).

Sorry, I've totally taken this thread out of proportion..Just venting my frustration towards scooter riders (some have their heads screwed on, others are just complete tossers with complete self entitlement) 

No its cool mate. Think youre talking about the twist n go 50cc ones mostly. But theyre great too for getting round the city.

Im not a lover of safety gear. I got a good open face lid and normally in this weather its shorts n tee's. Not saying Ive not been knocked flying tho. Once by out lovely cab drivers and in a row with a double decker bus down Picadilly Circus. Just try from stopping the Mrs from picking the scabs tho hahaha

I bought a big old Enfield when I was 17. Drove it with my Mrs from up in Nepal right thru India to Sri Lanka. Stopping for awhile here n there to chill then off again. Bike only broke down once and 1 flat in 10 months! Absolutely amazing trip that changed my life totally. Some of the roads tho were well dodgy. Been back every year since then Still got same bike..

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

No its cool mate. Think youre talking about the twist n go 50cc ones mostly. But theyre great too for getting round the city.

Im not a lover of safety gear. I got a good open face lid and normally in this weather its shorts n tee's. Not saying Ive not been knocked flying tho. Once by out lovely cab drivers and in a row with a double decker bus down Picadilly Circus. Just try from stopping the Mrs from picking the scabs tho hahaha

I bought a big old Enfield when I was 17. Drove it with my Mrs from up in Nepal right thru India to Sri Lanka. Stopping for awhile here n there to chill then off again. Bike only broke down once and 1 flat in 10 months! Absolutely amazing trip that changed my life totally. Some of the roads tho were well dodgy. Been back every year since then Still got same bike..

It's all personal preference, on my commute I wear it a) because it keeps me warm and b ) other people haha. However, I wouldn't wear on a scooter cruising in the hot sun either.

But jeez do those Vespa have some torque! Those little 250cc types always gas me at the lights..always question those tiny wheels on them though

Wow thats an amazing tour that people only dream of!! Are they a cafe racer type bike? My absolute dream is to ride a Honda Cub 110 from the UK to China! 

Heading to Japan in September to cruise around there for a month on an R3..that should keep the touring bug at bay for a bit..bring on the twisties.