Matt Upson's Lambo (read This For A Laugh)

Dozy England footballer Matthew Upson splashed out £100,000 on a car he was too tall to fit into.

The 6ft 1in, West Ham defender, above, was forced to sell the Lamborghini Gallardo at a huge loss after driving just 400 miles.

Matt, 28, said: “I was sitting around at my mum’s house after an injury. I was watching a lot of Top Gear and for some reason I decided to buy a bright orange and black Lamborghini.

“Unfortunately, I couldn’t fit into it. It was beautiful, but I only did about 400 miles in it before I had to sell.

“It was killing my back. My family seemed to think it was hilarious.”

A source said: “Footballers aren’t generally known for their intelligence but this has to take the biscuit. Matthew is usually quite bright, but we don’t know what possessed him to buy a sports car which he was struggling to climb into.

“I don’t think he will ever live it down. He was embarrassed at the time but he can have a laugh about it now.

“He currently drives a BMW X5 which has loads of room.”

But yesterday Lamborghini’s main UK dealers were baffled.

A spokesman said: “We’ve had a lot of customers who are over 6ft tall. Jeremy Clarkson had a Lamborghini Spyder and he’s well over 6ft.” Upson’s agent was unavailable for comment.

source the daily star

:D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic